The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a couple of requests to show her on the wrist. Held a family braai (barbeque) today, and this was not what I was wearing, while making a fire and grilling the meat! But, took a break to put this on and snap some quick pics.

Gorgeous, mild, sunny autumn day (after a week of storms and rain) in Cape Town. Surrounded by loved ones, good food, a few beers, and wearing one of my dream watches.... Life is good!

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
:) Thanks Alvin! What a great beauty this 6215-7000!! Congratulations again for your wonderful find and excellent restoration.
Here is the younger brother 6159-7001 joining you today.

Cheers,
Jeremiah

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeremiah!

Yours is in excellent condition, really beautiful.

Even though they look almost identical, did you know that virtually none of the parts are interchangeable? I found it interesting/peculiar that Seiko would go through an entire re-tooling process on a watch that looks the same....

Anyway, that made finding parts somewhat more mmmm, interesting, shall we say....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow! That is truly stunning Alvin.
I only 'discovered' these recently but haven't seen any in that condition. Very impressive.
Unfortunately I can find your earlier post by using "search" but when I click on it I get returned to the opening forum page ???

I must be doing something pretty simple, but wrong ::)

Looking forward to going back and reading the full story, eventually.

Ian

Don't suppose you like a drop of the old Castle Milk Stout at your braai do you? I used to love it, but was laughed at by many ;)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
8)

She's soooo nice. Alvin. If I had her on my wrist, I'd be staring at her all day.
Sooo nice on the eyes. Fantastic shape.
Enjoy it, as I'm sure you definitely will.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts