The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you will remember that I am busy restoring a 6215-7000.

Well, such a dial was sold on e-bay about two hours ago for the equivalent of US$843.00, by one of the well known benefactors to members of this forum!!!

I am very happy for him, but sadly I reached my personal limit at about US$380.00. From that point on, I just sat and watched in utter fascination and awe!

Guys, this was not a new dial - it was in very good condition though!

Greetings from sunny South Africa...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi Alvin!

With the hands and second hands it will add up to about $1400.00 for the whole set. (The sec hand auction is still running) I would have paid for it if I had a Seiko 6215-7000 that needed a dial and hands replacment badly being a watch purist. And again, how often do you find a 6215-7000 dial and NOS hands for sale. And also considering the prices of these classic Seiko that keeps going up. I think it is a good buy. IMHO

Cheers,
Jeremiah

PS: How is your restoration coming along?? Would love to see some pics.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was the winner.

BUT, the watch dial didn't belongs to me. I bought it on behalf of a dear friend of mine. The whole watch is beautiful, with the exception of the dial. I told him, such chance may only come once. And the worst price you will probably pay (as I guessed) is USD 1100 (thats my bid price), but you will see many USD 1k in your life, but you may only come across ONE 6215 dial in such a good condition for sale.

Yes... I am such a poision. lol. :p

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations Jack! I hope it gives you and your friend much joy!

My dial is not too bad, and it will have to do for now. Trust me, I would gladly have parted with $1k+, my finances simply couldn't stretch that far. At least I was able to get a the following parts NOS: bezel rotating ring, bezel insert and hands.

No pictures or stories yet Jeremiah! The watch is in pieces with my watchmaker. Currently, the movement is being serviced.

Alvin

·
Registered
431 Posts
Here is a beautiful example of Seiko 6215-7000. Watch Picture Courtesy of tungholam.

Here is a another picture with an aged and worn dial.

[img]http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/red2ndhand/Seiko6215-7000C.jpg

Cheers,
Jeremiah

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks guys. The dial looks sensational. My friend has been waiting for some years to accomplish that uphill task and he made it. :) That feeling and accomplishment is priceless.

With reference to that TUNGHOLAM thing, I expected it... he posted many pictures online just so that he can find a chance to sell it at rocketprice. My friend in HK told me that he sold it for obsence price to someone I think in Europe. Sorry, I don't have nice words to say about Tungholam, the shill ebay bidder, and unethical seller. Too lazy to state more than that.

But with upmost respect for the 6215 he owned, that is really a gem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts