The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bezel insert in my 6159 tuna has many cracks on the bakelite cover. Is there a way of restoring or repairing it?

·
Registered
157 Posts
It can't be repaired. Mine has some spots but nothing too bad yet.

I put a post up regarding supplying a spare 6159-7010 bezel to a mfg to help produce an alternative option... I don't want anything in return, I just want to know that I can buy something incase my inset completely falls apart...

I got no interest in that post...

·
Administrator
32,631 Posts
It can't be repaired. Mine has some spots but nothing too bad yet.

I put a post up regarding supplying a spare 6159-7010 bezel to a mfg to help produce an alternative option... I don't want anything in return, I just want to know that I can buy something incase my inset completely falls apart...

I got no interest in that post...
I think the cost could perhaps be prohibitive to the end user due to the small qtys involved ?, RD and the fact the mfg would have to deal with "anal" collectors :)

Always more than one way to skin a cat though :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Small quantities yes but since no more are being produced and NOS parts are almost impossible to come by it would be good to have an option even if it cost a little bit...

For me it's better to have an option than none at all...

And most would not be willing to volunteer a rare part...I have one ready to go as soon as someone says where...though I do want it back:)

It really wouldn't take much to do a very good copy of the original. I'd even provide a high resolution 1:1 scan of my own bezel...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Small quantities yes but since no more are being produced and NOS parts are almost impossible to come by it would be good to have an option even if it cost a little bit...

For me it's better to have an option than none at all...

And most would not be willing to volunteer a rare part...I have one ready to go as soon as someone says where...though I do want it back:)

It really wouldn't take much to do a very good copy of the original. I'd even provide a high resolution 1:1 scan of my own bezel...
There is this guy from Italy that makes high quality replacement bezels for the old Omega Seamaster 300m which is also made of bakelite. Maybe we can interest him into making bezels for our vintage tunas.

http://www.milwatchmaker.com/lavori.php?lavoro=lavoro9

1 - 9 of 9 Posts