The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the center chrono wheel is interchangeable? Two different Seiko part numbers one digit apart.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
They are two different pieces, different size clutches. They are not interchangable. As I understand it, the reason that the "B" movement was created was because the clutch / center wheel needed a redesign to make it beefier. The "A" clutch is smaller and prone to wearing out quickly.

What problem are you having?

I've found that non-running 6139 movements of both types are generally cheap on eBay (honestly) mostly because people don't want to work on them. Then it's simply a matter of having Lew Brown do the work if you don't feel like doing it yourself. He did this exact same swap for me with a service not long ago for a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not having a problem and I only own B movements. Stumbled on an auction for a nos one and I was wondering if it was worth picking up for the parts bin.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
sjbrook said:
Not having a problem and I only own B movements. Stumbled on an auction for a nos one and I was wondering if it was worth picking up for the parts bin.

If it's cheap enough, sure. If I were on it, I'd buy it and look for a watch case to put it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts