The Watch Site banner

6139A- 6010 Proof Proof 1969

956 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  yorkiesknob 
#1 ·
Hi all, took a punt on a non worker fixer. Not working missing pusher etc in the description. Well that was correct, the movement looked clean however nothing would move. So stripped it down and found the problem. The bottom arbor port had at one time being repaired with a jewel. This has now failed and completely disintegrated. So I'm up for fix on that for sure. Other wise all parts look OK so far.
On the plus side the dial is stunning and to me unmarked, hands need work. The calendar side works so smooth with minimal effort to change day/date.
I have a few 6139s apart at the moment ,one being another 6010. Also a new set of hands in the mail. I might put one together with this dial and see how I go.
Question ,is the main plate the same for A&B movement?
Thanks forlooking ,any advice most welcome. Quite new at the repair/restore side of things . Cheers Tony

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, are the jewels a standard size and how easy would it be to press them in with out the correct gear. Also is the main plate the same for both the A&B versions. I have spare B plate. thanks Tony

#6 ·
Wow you and I just got the same watch off the same assembly line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.