The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out today due to a post from another member that Seiko winding stems for the 6139 and a few others that have the inner rotating bezels are hard to locate. I have a 6119 Sports model with an inner rotating ring and he informed me it is the same one as the 6139 and that the part number was 357612 and they are hard to find. My stem is good it is my bezel that is faded on my Sports 70. I only own one 6139 Chronograph and it does not even have the rotating inner bezel.

Instead of putting them upon eBay which I am starting to hate anyway I want to offer some up to any forum member here that is need of one to repair their watch and can not find one. I have 12 brand new ones still in the Seiko packets. I will not sell them all but I do not need 12 and if I can help a fellow forum member out I would like to. The only thing is I need some input as to what a fair price is to a fellow forum member. People here have been great to me with hard to find spares and I want to pay it forward and offer some of these hard to find stems to members who need them.

Michael

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Hi Michael. I have no idea what a fair price is, but when you work that out I'd be interested in taking one. There was a thread once where someone was looking to manufacture these. I think he decided he couldn't sell them for less than $20 if that's any help.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
That's an awesome gesture. I feel the same way when I have multiples or spares I know I won't use myself I like to move them to other forum members. I don't like to list or sell them on ebay because it's not for the money but for the hobby.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok so I would be just fine at $20 bucks one stem per forum member and I will offer up 8 for sale right now. Shipping to be paid by forum member just because there are members all over the place cost can vary to much. You can chose how you want it shipped and I can quote an exact price to anyone who does not live in the US and might need one just to make sure you don't get surprised by some crazy shipping cost. There are some places that are extremely expensive to ship to from the US for some reason like Australia. Expenses to the UK are very reasonable for small packets.

tritto has already spoken for one so there are 7 up for grabs. Message me with your address so I can quote you the exact shipping cost.

Keep in mind there are two in each envelope so every other person is not going to get the envelope with the stem but in a sealed plastic bag instead not that it matters but just so you know. Can a moderator move this whole thread over to the Trader forum or should I just start a whole new thread there?

Michael

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Ok so I would be just fine at $20 bucks one stem per forum member and I will offer up 8 for sale right now. Shipping to be paid by forum member just because there are members all over the place cost can vary to much. You can chose how you want it shipped and I can quote an exact price to anyone who does not live in the US and might need one just to make sure you don't get surprised by some crazy shipping cost. There are some places that are extremely expensive to ship to from the US for some reason like Australia. Expenses to the UK are very reasonable for small packets.

tritto has already spoken for one so there are 7 up for grabs. Message me with your address so I can quote you the exact shipping cost.

Keep in mind there are two in each envelope so every other person is not going to get the envelope with the stem but in a sealed plastic bag instead not that it matters but just so you know. Can a moderator move this whole thread over to the Trader forum or should I just start a whole new thread there?

Michael
Yes just start a new FS thread there.

Please note as per the rules any item that has been promoted on the main forum can not be offered up for sale or trade until 7 days have passed but on this occasion I/we will let this item be offered FS as it obviously wasent your intention to promote but rather to help other members, just pointing it out as we don't want to set a precedent.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want to break any rules here Tiger but if you say it's ok I will start a new thread under the proper topic, Anyone coming across this thread please search the Trade/Sale topic for further inquires and thank you Tiger for allowing me to start the new thread without waiting.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK another point of interest. While pulling out the 357612 stems I noticed the part number in front of it in my bin 357611. So fo course I took one out to look at it and it also has a double square keyway! Now of course I have to know what does this darn thing fit!! Well after 5 minutes of looking through the manuals it turns out it fits my 6119 Sports 70 with the internal rotating bezel not the same as the 6139 stem as I previously posed. Well the same double key design just a different length than the 6139 I'm guessing. An interesting fact. The 6139 is not the only movement with an internal rotating bezel and the stems are NOT interchangeable between the 6119 and 6139 with internal rotating bezels.

Michael

1 - 9 of 9 Posts