The Watch Site banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, been lurking for a while, finally registered. looking for some help w/ a 6139-6002 i recently purchased. i knew it was a project watch before buying. i already own a -6005 (Nov '72), so was comfortable w/ take-down of the watch upon arrival. someone at some point shoved the wrong stem/crown in it, so i'm looking for a replacement.

here's where i'm turning to the forums. in my brief reading, i understand that there are some other models that have inner rotating bezels that use the same stem assembly w/ the spring that holds the cog in place (forgive me if i'm not using proper watch terminology - like i said, relatively new to this)

so any help on what other models would use this would be helpful, since the pogue has gotten so popular, i feel like i'll be better off looking for a different donor watch.

thanks in advance

·
Special Member
1,943 Posts
Keep looking through the forum Thomas. I'm sure there was a thread a couple of months ago where maybe 5-6 different models with rotating bezels were identified (the OP had the same question as you).

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
well hello and great to have you with us...i am going thru this myself so if you need anything please feel free to pm me too...God Bless John

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
well the stem is the hard part to find along with the gear and spring...i have learned this the hard way...there was one gear and spring on the bay...i would also pm Seiko Psycho as he may be able to help you too...if you need anything feel free to pm me too...God Bless John

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, i am looking at that gear/spring and choking on the price. for $67shipped to the US, i'd just assume gamble on a few 'non-working' in hopes of finding one and having some additional spare parts for other projects

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
well that is the most common problem with the stem breaking and all the little parts falling off...well remember to contact stefan directly here and the price is better...just pm him..God Bless John

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, so i went back and pulled the stem/crown that was in the watch after the help/education i've gotten from these forums. it appears i have the right stem, crown, and even the "gear", but it is missing the spring. does anyone know if the springs that the plungers use are the same size as the spring the stem uses to keep pressure on the gear that turns the rotating bezel?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
well it is a different size...much smaller..that is great news...i would contact Tom Seiko Psycho..he might have what you need...make sure the gear is facing the flat side down and the spring goes on after that then the crown...God Bless John...please post some pics when you can too

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah. Gear is facing the right way. It's like someone pulled the spring off somehow bc the crown is on the stem really tight. I assume it screws on and is held in place w loctite

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The crown is almost always on the stem extremely tight. I just installed a new crown on the old stem of my 8M25. 99% of all crowns are attached extremely tight. I have had great success in soaking the crown end of the stem in acetone overnight making sure it is in deep enough that the thread on then stem is in there too. It will soften up any substances used to affix the crown to the stem. Even after a soaking it still takes a little bit of force for the first rotation but it will come off. Without the acetone there is no way it is coming off if was installed properly. Make sure you use a metal tin or the acetone might eat that also!

Michael

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is assuming I can find a spring to fit. I'm considering going to a local hobby or hardware store to buy and cut to fit since it seems the gear and, to a lesser degree the spring, seem to be the holy grail for the pogue

1 - 16 of 16 Posts