The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I hadn't really taken notice of my day wheel on my 6139-6000. Was chuffed to see it is an Italian day wheel as that is my heritage. Are some day wheels exceedingly rare? I'd imagine that a Finnish one would be due to population size compared to some of the others.

I know people like collecting colour and model variations. I wonder if there is a nutter amongst us that collects day wheel variations?!:p

·
Special Member
867 Posts
Not a day wheel collector, but I have encountered the occasional oddity. I imagine that the Italian wheel is uncommon. I have an English/Thai, which I haven’t seen very often. I remember running across an English/Portuguese once but I think it was trashed and I cannot remember what I did with it. I recall someone here asking about a Turkish wheel, which I wouldn’t think was a big seller, either.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes English/Portuguese would have to be a rare one. What does the 'Aussie Pogue' have? I remember when I was in Boston years ago that most of the natives weren't sure if I even spoke english :LOL:

·
Special Member
867 Posts
Yes English/Portuguese would have to be a rare one. What does the 'Aussie Pogue' have? I remember when I was in Boston years ago that most of the natives weren't sure if I even spoke english :LOL:
I’m about 150 miles west of Boston. Around here we’re pretty sure that Bostonians don’t speak English, either.

IIRC the Aussie has a Roman/English day wheel.

·
Special Member
8,421 Posts
Yes the story with the Aussie Pogue is it should have the Roman wheel.

We have seen so many day wheel languages across Seiko but for the 6139 series, we have English with:
Kanji
Roman
Spanish
German
Arabic
Italian @alexblex taught me that on a gorgeous Italian Coke Pogue with that wheel.
Chinese
Plus I think I have seen Thai.

With regard to Caliber 6139, those are the only day wheel languages I can be 100% sure of.

The Official Seiko Language Wheels are the 8 ones shown above plus Dutch, Finnish, Portugese, Russian and Hindi.
I do not know if any of these were available in the 6139 caliber.

·
Special Member
867 Posts

We have seen so many day wheel languages across Seiko but for the 6139 series, we have English with:
Kanji
Roman
Spanish
German
Arabic
Italian @alexblex taught me that on a gorgeous Italian Coke Pogue with that wheel.
Chinese

With regard to Caliber 6139, those are the only day wheel languages I can be 100% sure of.

The Official Seiko Language Wheels are the 8 ones shown above plus Dutch, Finnish, Portugese, Russian and Hindi.
This is currently listed on eBay … English/Portuguese day wheel. It’s advertised as being for a 6139. P/N appears to be 870876T:

Automotive wheel system Font Circle Auto part Rim

·
Special Member
3,473 Posts
Roman day wheel on the Aussie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
3,432 Posts

Kanji
Roman
Spanish
German
Arabic
Chinese

IIRC we can add French to the list? Was there a French 6139-6032?

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
8,421 Posts

Kanji
Roman
Spanish
German
Arabic
Chinese

Of course French I just forgot that one - thanks Rob @scubarob99

So we see Portuguese for sure thanks Bry @bry1975

for the 6139 series, we have English with:
Kanji
Roman
Spanish
German
Arabic
Italian
Chinese
French
Portuguese

I still think I have seen Thai.

·
Special Member
867 Posts
One of mine has French, and having taken years of French in school, I’m excited by that….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“La plume de ma tante est sur le bureau.” I alway gave my high school French teacher a hard time about teaching us about my aunt’s pen, instead of something much more useful, like how to order a beer.

John, there is definitely an English/Thai day wheel for the 6139. I have one in my parts bin … P/N is 870517:

Gauge Font Automotive wheel system Circle Gas

·
Registered
251 Posts
The dial looks like from 6139-6005, shouldnt the day wheel be Spanish or French?
I agree with you. Actually I remember now that this watch also had a wrong oscillating weight installed when I first got it. So it’s reasonable to suspect that the Farsi day wheel was also swapped in at some point in the past. But I do believe that the Farsi/Eng day wheel is a genuine part for 6139/6138.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts