The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6139-7100 that has stuck pushers.
I have removed them and given the pushers and the holes a good clean but still they stick.
I tried some pushers out of a 6139-7000 and these worked fine( they are the longer ones in the image)
The gaskets dont appear to be swollen but I have not tried removing them as I do not have any replacements yet.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
^^^^ Exactly. I just replaced my gaskets on a -7012 and it made a huge improvement. The pusher gaskets turn to hard plastic and don’t work well after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jringo8769

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
For sure it's the gaskets. Just chip them out and install and watch them work perfectly. That will prove out the source of trouble.

I highly recommend the gasket kit from VTA if you are outside the USA and the ones SeikoPsycho2 on this forum sells.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Yep, I'm just saying what everyone else is saying, the gaskets are toast. Actually they are probably as hard as burnt toast. Don't bother lubricating them as it's just a poor compromise when you can get them running like new with a new set of gaskets.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course you were all right. While the gaskets didnt look swollen or thicker than the stems of the pushers, there were very hard and work the pushers work fine now that I have cut away the gaskets.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Of course you were all right. While the gaskets didnt look swollen or thicker than the stems of the pushers, there were very hard and work the pushers work fine now that I have cut away the gaskets.
Thanks all.
Which is exactly why a sale listing saying "stuck pushers" is a safe-ish gamble that that is the issue. Of course sometimes it's the hammers and such but more often than not, it's hard gaskets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts