The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened my 6139-6015 and found a piece of grey plastic inside. Further examination lead me to disintegrating dial holding ring/spacer.
Then I decided to take one out of my parts watch only to find out that one has a crack as well.
Does anyone knows here how to find nos stock of these ring in the US? part number I believe is 884611 and seems to be shared with 6105A, 6106, 6118A, 6119, 6139B, 6146A, 6159A.

Only source I found so far seem to be eBay from Philippines which I’d rather not do due to very slow shipping situation now.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Interesting you should bring this up. Jon (Grammarofdesign) sent me a nice spacer which I shipped to Bry1975 in the UK to use for 3D print replication. I know Bry has the spacer but no word yet on reproducing it. I could use a few of these spacers myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
My remedy has been to take one from a donor or piece the one I have back together with super glue gel and epoxy (JB Weld).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about gluing the donor piece from my parts watch but the plastic is so brittle that I just don’t want to re-set the hands again if it fails in the future. Seems like buying another parts watch with another movement also not ideal since it could be afflicted with same problem, or worse has different style ring.
This indeed seems to be good candidate for reproduction parts, although I’m not sure 3D printing is precise enough fit for it.
I will contact Grammarofdesign and see if possible to get one.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Who was the talented bloke that crafted on out of a milk bottle ring ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts