The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Craftsman
3,724 Posts
Not sure what's up with the lume. Haven't seen many 6139's age to gray. Everything else is spot on for an original Proof example. Original bracelet, 2 piece second hand, "A" movement, dial and case marked proof, and dated early 70'

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
That one ticks all the boxes. The gray lume would annoy me because these dials look magnificent with the original lume colour, I suspect dampness may have entered due to duff seals. Of course for the right money I would buy it and relume the dial to match the hands.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's already in my possession, probably paid too much, as usual but i couldn't resist the wonderful blue Proof dial, and yes i totally agree on the lume, it doesn't look so very good, of course i've prefered white lume on the indexes but isn't reluming of the dial to destroy the originality of the watch? and the bracelet is indeed very rattly and worn out, almost afraid to wear it. Nice to hear you guys like it.

One more pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Nice catch... lume is not turned grey but it is a light effect...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
912 Posts
It's already in my possession, probably paid too much, as usual but i couldn't resist the wonderful blue Proof dial, and yes i totally agree on the lume, it doesn't look so very good, of course i've prefered white lume on the indexes but isn't reluming of the dial to destroy the originality of the watch? and the bracelet is indeed very rattly and worn out, almost afraid to wear it. Nice to hear you guys like it.

One more pic:
Superb!
Sure some don't like relumed dials....but who's wearing it?! Have it how you like it!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

One more pic:
I would say... that is interesting patina. I'll keep it untouched. BTW, congrats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts