The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Special Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks - I’m looking for alternatives to my endlink mod try, if there are any.

I’ve had this JDM bracelet that came with my Sunrise that I got last year. As usual there were no endlinks so it’s been sitting in my bracelet drawer. I pulled it out tonight and paired it with a set of Seikosis endlinks that were the right width. But because of the “wings” on the end of the bracelet I couldn’t mate the two.

So I used my Dremel tool on the endlinks to open up the bottom on the inside to hopefully manipulate the bracelet ends enough to get them in. I kept the stamped “tab” in the endlink that guides the springbar but I ground the metal away on either side of them. This allowed me to fit the wings (slightly bent upward) into the endlink and secure them with the spring bar. My one problem is the endlinks don’t stay tight on the watch, they open up a little.

Is there some way I can bend them better? Or is there a better way to make this work? Here are some pictures.

The bracelet and the wings:

My endlink grinding sequence:

The results:

I’m pretty happy with my results, just not thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
7,264 Posts
Nice work Tod. This is a crying need in the Pogue scene, and it just so happens it is being worked on by another member at this time.

Funny thing about those 'wings' is that some times they are present, other times not. I've had them with wings at the 6 o'clock end (Clasp) and not at the 12 o'clock side several times. You can't say they break off my currently never mounted NOS has no wings at either end. I can take off the 2 NOS on a few Pogues I have to look at them if need be. Check this out:

Meanwhile the stock Pogue H-Link end links yield pretty reasonable results. I have always maintained that if we did not know better that they would look just fine that way.

Stock H-Link end links on 6139-6031 on the left, OEM original JDM end links on Teal Sunrise 6139-6002 on the right.
Screenshot_20210226-224227.png

·
Craftsman
1,708 Posts
Love these JDM bracelets. Nice work Tod. None of these OE end links fit particularly well. I think yours looks great Tod.

·
Special Member
2,805 Posts
I tried the JDM bracelet with US h-link end links.
Looks fine and is wearable, but my eye is drawn to the gap. Can't wait for someone to make a good replica of the real thing.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks fine and is wearable, but my eye is drawn to the gap. Can't wait for someone to make a good replica of the real thing.

Rob

Yes, I like what Jon wrote, some member is working on these...

Reactions: scubarob99

·
Registered
197 Posts

Rob

I’m sure our good friend seikosis is on it, then when it comes out we all complained about all the fake stuff ;)

·
Special Member
13,348 Posts
Excellent job Tod. I had the exact same issue with one of my JDM Speed-Timers: original bracelet and I only had one end piece. The other one thus far is unobtainium. To make matters worse, its a 19x7mm end piece which is an uncommon dimension. I finally found a couple curved end pieces and was able to grind them flat to fit. They look the part until I can find the other. I believe these bracelets + end links (XGA071) are unique to the 7017 family of watches so numbers are much smaller but I would love if someone was able to make a run of these end pieces. A one-time run would probably satisfy demand for years.

F6F7F99A-57FE-433B-B426-61424EBF1745_1_105_c.jpeg
CDD1636D-265D-4135-9C9D-F680A0E45D18_1_105_c.jpeg
8F998964-624E-4651-833E-E591B8EC22A7_1_105_c.jpeg
the 7017 family of watches so numbers are much smaller but I would love if someone was able to make a run of these end pieces. A one-time run would probably satisfy demand for years.

·
Special Member
13,348 Posts
Hey folks - I’m looking for alternatives to my endlink mod try, if there are any.

I’ve had this JDM bracelet that came with my Sunrise that I got last year. As usual there were no endlinks so it’s been sitting in my bracelet drawer. I pulled it out tonight and paired it with a set of Seikosis endlinks that were the right width. But because of the “wings” on the end of the bracelet I couldn’t mate the two.

So I used my Dremel tool on the endlinks to open up the bottom on the inside to hopefully manipulate the bracelet ends enough to get them in. I kept the stamped “tab” in the endlink that guides the springbar but I ground the metal away on either side of them. This allowed me to fit the wings (slightly bent upward) into the endlink and secure them with the spring bar. My one problem is the endlinks don’t stay tight on the watch, they open up a little.

Is there some way I can bend them better? Or is there a better way to make this work? Here are some pictures.

The bracelet and the wings:

My endlink grinding sequence:

The results:

I’m pretty happy with my results, just not thrilled.

We work with what we have available until we can do better.

·
Special Member
5,148 Posts
It looks good, not bad at all. I did something similar with a set of Jubilee end links a while back. Esslinger has them pretty cheap. An over sized set would give you more 'meat' to play with to shape the top side.

·
Special Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Excellent job Tod. I had the exact same issue with one of my JDM Speed-Timers: original bracelet and I only had one end piece. The other one thus far is unobtainium. To make matters worse, its a 19x7mm end piece which is an uncommon dimension. I finally found a couple curved end pieces and was able to grind them flat to fit. They look the part until I can find the other. I believe these bracelets + end links (XGA071) are unique to the 7017 family of watches so numbers are much smaller but I would love if someone was able to make a run of these end pieces. A one-time run would probably satisfy demand for years.

View attachment 466154 View attachment 466155 View attachment 466156 the 7017 family of watches so numbers are much smaller but I would love if someone was able to make a run of these end pieces. A one-time run would probably satisfy demand for years.
Hey Kyle, I see what you did and that looks pretty good! John just modified an end link that I got on a partial bracelet from a 6139-7010 and mated it with an incomplete bracelet from a 7015-7010 for my -7010. It worked!

·
Special Member
13,348 Posts
It looks good, not bad at all. I did something similar with a set of Jubilee end links a while back. Esslinger has them pretty cheap. An over sized set would give you more 'meat' to play with to shape the top side.
thanks Jerry - there is a very limited number of options for a 19x7mm end link. Other than fabricating one from scratch ....

·
Special Member
5,148 Posts
thanks Jerry - there is a very limited number of options for a 19x7mm end link. Other than fabricating one from scratch ....
Oh, I was referring to the OP for the 2 slot ends on his bracelet. A set of Jubilee should fill in the middle for those.

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
The only time a secret is a secret between two people is when one is dead :)
I'm still kicking. Jon you still out there................:)

In the "end" Jon might even "link" us up............

1 - 20 of 23 Posts