The Watch Site banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
25,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Tracking suggests today delivery :) Sellers pic, The crown and other pusher...And all that wonderful crud, Movement looks pretty good from here...We'll see

·
Registered
25,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
We have Contact...I had to take a look at the dial...Looks New :) I'll need a stem with gear and crystal. I gave the barrel a couple of turns and she runs :) Quick shot...BONUS+The Bracelet fits my 8" wrist :)

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Amazed at how vibrant the red has stayed D, it'll be a beaut mate:)

We have Contact...I had to take a look at the dial...Looks New :) I'll need a stem with gear and crystal. I gave the barrel a couple of turns and she runs :) Quick shot...

·
Registered
25,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Bracelet as Grungy as they get :) Excellent condition, Look at the link rings ;) Maybe original springbars LOL !!! Time for a Bath

Now I feel better

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
We have Contact...I had to take a look at the dial...Looks New :) I'll need a stem with gear and crystal. I gave the barrel a couple of turns and she runs :) Quick shot...BONUS+The Bracelet fits my 8" wrist :)

Holy cow - beautiful dial, D, look forward to seeing this one cleaned up :cool:

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Wow, this is exceptional. I have to admit that I also almost bid on this one to complement my Proof version (6020) and for the bracelet which looked original. But I’m negotiating for a JDM Pogue with a seller and I just have to learn to say no. So I did! But I’m thrilled that you got it! Please keep us up on the restoration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,585 Posts
gorgeous dial David - gonna be beautiful !!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Must admit I’d have been all over it for the money.

Wonder what the story with it is, don’t think I’ve seen even mint ones with such vibrant colours inside. Looking at the fade and wear on the bezel Id guess it had an overhaul internally in recent (ish) years, maybe at Seiko or a repairer that was able to get the NOS parts. Maybe had the whole lot done as even the day wheel is the exact same vibrancy. Normally the outer bezels are way tougher to fade than the orange inside. My one has a lot less exterior fade on the bezel but is nothing like as vibrant inside.

Either way be a very cool project.

Perfect candidate for a NOS bezel. Wonder if there’s any about still.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Amazing-- Beautiful NOS looking Dial and Hands Some of the BEST CRUD I have seen in a while. A Jewel under the Mask this will be some great looking Vintage seiko Gem. Great Price ---Just Your Turn--- I think we or many of us feel some of the Excitement seeing one of the Members Share A SCORE. Good Karma A gift for us All. Russell

Reactions: DAHASCO

·
Special Member
4,663 Posts
Late to the party, wow! That red looks amazing, everything under the crystal looks better than expected, really. Just like John, thought it would look great without the blurry crystal, but not that good. Maybe it lived in a dry climate, or maybe it did go through a professional service that helped preserve the insides when the outside surfaces suggest that much use.
Congratulations David !! Nice find, but even more rewarding that you get to sort it out yourself.

Ps: ...can’t wait to see it

·
Registered
25,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
And now the bad...The 0 Marker is gone on the internal ring, Pusher has corroded and the pusher springs are stuck in the case. I'll leave the ring and pusher as is. This watch has a filthy exterior and a near pristine interior...The crown is snapped off and won't be easy to remove the stump if at all. Now Waiting for the crystal etc...

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
And now the bad...The 0 Marker is gone on the internal ring, Pusher has corroded and the pusher springs are stuck in the case. I'll leave the ring and pusher as is. This watch has a filthy exterior and a near pristine interior...The crown is snapped off and won't be easy to remove the stump if at all. Now Waiting for the crystal etc...

That interior bezel is exceptional. So many have the paint chipping off.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Wow, only just caught up with this, so pleased for you. Dial and hands look amazing!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts