The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in my post WRUW today. Dug out this 6139 6005 out of the darkness. Had it over 15yrs and service history unknown. So I thought I'd put it on the TG dial down first see how its going. Wow around 10secs. amplitude good and beat error spot on. However once I rotate it different story. maintains the #s until dial up, Then suddenly goes way out 150 sec amplitude drops beat error bigger.
So from my limited fettling know how, I'm I right in thinking its the diashock jewels on the balance causing the issue. Or of course other causes possible.
I believe the the watch is all original or is it ?, except the bracelet. Snaps smooth as back to zero and the movement is super clean.
As always thanks for looking Tony.

20200720_165756.jpg

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
My bet is you have a balance and hairspring issue. Check to see if the hairspring on the balance is flat and on plane. Certainly try servicing the diashock settings first but usually this sort of positional variance points to the hairspring. Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bet is you have a balance and hairspring issue. Check to see if the hairspring on the balance is flat and on plane. Certainly try servicing the diashock settings first but usually this sort of positional variance points to the hairspring. Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the swift reply. Will have a look see tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Cool watch ;-)

I agree with VE.
I'd clean the balance complete and clean / lube the jewels and test again.
If it was mine (or most likely my customer's) I'd overhaul the complete movement - after 15 years it needs it.
I only test in two positions - the main ones a watch will be in - dial up and crown down - set the beat / regulate and test on my winder for a few days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts