The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have 2x 6139s with the day wheels missing the small center metal tooth wheel. Is it possible to source the metal wheel separate or do they always come complete with both parts?
Would other movements use the same day wheel. Thinking maybe 6119 as the calendar side is mostly the same as far as my limited watch knowledge goes.
The part # on the wheel/ring I have is 870538. Other 870xxx seem the similar just different 2nd language . A search on the net shows availability around $25 usd plus postage.
Would anyone know of another source, maybe a watch spares dealer or supplier.
Thanks in advance Tony, Brisbane Australia

20200505_211459.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I may be wrong, but I believe that the metal gear you are missing is either "welded" or press fitted in place to form a solid unit. I am therefore not sure if it is possible to source and reattach a new one.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may be wrong, but I believe that the metal gear you are missing is either "welded" or press fitted in place to form a solid unit. I am therefore not sure if it is possible to source and reattach a new one.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I think your right Kevven, but I'd had to ask . You never know unless you ask.:)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Yeah day wheels are not very forgiving. If they are not flat and intact they are going to cause problems. Not sure about staking the 2 parts together.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Pretty sure that's a part for 6139 only, and are staked together to ensure window alignment.
I took a screenshot from the 'other place' for alternatives

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
The 2 pieces are pressed together and come as a single unit, not separate. If you look close you'll see the gear is crimped on. As stated above, these wheels are not forgiving. If not completely flat it will cause issues. I have re-aligned and pressed loose gears to fix a couple of but have not replaced a gear completely.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
😁

·
Special Member
2,515 Posts
Yeah day wheels are not very forgiving. If they are not flat and intact they are going to cause problems. Not sure about staking the 2 parts together.
I agree that 6139 Day Wheels are not very forgiving. I have a 6139 with the Day Wheel turning over OK but the Day was misaligned in the Day Date Window. I removed the day wheel and you could see a slight bend in the surface causing the wheel to get caught up. I carefully re-bent the day wheel so it was as flat as I could get and then reinstalled it.

The 6139 Day Wheel is now turning over very smoothly and sits perfectly aligned in the Day Date Window :)

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
I agree that 6139 Day Wheels are not very forgiving. I have a 6139 with the Day Wheel turning over OK but the Day was misaligned in the Day Date Window. I removed the day wheel and you could see a slight bend in the surface causing the wheel to get caught up. I carefully re-bent the day wheel so it was as flat as I could get and then reinstalled it.

The 6139 Day Wheel is now turning over very smoothly and sits perfectly aligned in the Day Date Window :)
you are getting good at this game Sir.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
So here is what I have come up with so far:
All day wheels fit 6139A & 6139B
6139 day wheels are unique to the caliber. No others fit nor vice versa.
FYI 6138 day wheels have different shape driving teeth see photo
IMG_20200505_232120~3.jpg

870517T English & Thai
870529T English & Kanji
870538T English and Spanish
870888T English and Romans

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So here is what I have come up with so far:
All day wheels fit 6139A & 6139B
6139 day wheels are unique to the caliber. No others fit nor vice versa.
FYI 6138 day wheels have different shape driving teeth see photo View attachment 448296

870517T English & Thai
870529T English & Kanji
870538T English and Spanish
870888T English and Romans
That info is great and thanks for the effort in doing so. Plenty of sites say same wheel fits both,now known to be not true. I will keep looking for any of the #s you provided. cheers Tony.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have 870529 if interested. Not sure how we’ll go about shipping at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts