The Watch Site banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Cheers John, yeh dont oil it. You'll need to stake the wheel out from the top but if that option isn't there try sliding some watchmakers paper inside the gap and seeing if it grabs any dirt or anything near the arbor.

·
Registered
509 Posts
One more note of praise for Guy’s work ...

Last night I attended an event featuring the editor-in-chief of Hodinkee. One of the watches I took was the 6105-8000 that Guy recently restored for me. Serious collectors — people whose experience and knowledge I respect — were taking pictures of this watch. They found it hard to believe that the dial and hands could possibly have been relumed, because it doesn’t look like it’s been “restored;” it just looks completely original. It was gratifying that a modest Seiko diver got so much attention in a room full of Rolex, Vacheron, Patek, and the like.

Pretty impressive, Guy.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
One more note of praise for Guy’s work ...

Last night I attended an event featuring the editor-in-chief of Hodinkee. One of the watches I took was the 6105-8000 that Guy recently restored for me. Serious collectors — people whose experience and knowledge I respect — were taking pictures of this watch. They found it hard to believe that the dial and hands could possibly have been relumed, because it doesn’t look like it’s been “restored;” it just looks completely original. It was gratifying that a modest Seiko diver got so much attention in a room full of Rolex, Vacheron, Patek, and the like.

Pretty impressive, Guy.

Oh, was this their event in NYC? I tried to get in but registration was already done when I applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
great work man! I have one that has oxidized lume as well, still trying to figure out how to salvage it. its a 7a38 7070 btw.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Oh, was this their event in NYC? I tried to get in but registration was already done when I applied.

Private event in Albany. I don’t know what was better ... that Jack Forster came to town to do the event (it was great), or that he was wearing a Grand Seiko.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Private event in Albany. I don’t know what was better ... that Jack Forster came to town to do the event (it was great), or that he was wearing a Grand Seiko.

Excellent! Two, for the win.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts