The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Trying to save 6139 hand. Bought a project and knew chrono wheel was broken but trying to save the hand. Looking for suggestions on getting broken chrono pivot out of second hand. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
Will be semi-easy with a staking set to support the flange of the hand while pushing the tip of the broken post through from the top with a sub-punch. The sub-punch diameter will need to be smaller then the hole though, so that may be challenging as many staking sets don’t go that small (.20mm?). Send it to me and I’ll square you away gratis if you don’t have the tools, PM for address. Hands like these are worth saving!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll see if a have a small enough tool or punch.

Steve

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that I have the broken pivot out of the old hand. Do I need to broach the old hand to fit it to new chrono wheel pivot? Or should I try to fit the hand first? Am I thinking correctly each fit is unique for the chrono wheels?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Now that I have the broken pivot out of the old hand. Do I need to broach the old hand to fit it to new chrono wheel pivot? Or should I try to fit the hand first? Am I thinking correctly each fit is unique for the chrono wheels?
Good work. I'm pleased it worked for you ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts