The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Special Member
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems some Seiko 6139- chronos used the stem with the little gear to move an inner rotating ring, like the Pogue, etc. Seems others don't have that inner rotating ring feature at all. The one I had a few years back didn't for sure. Now I'm wondering if some hack just took it out and substituted a non-rotating ring.

So what's the deal? Can you tell by the case number or is it just a matter of looking?

My concern is that a case that SHOULD use the inner rotating ring can be outfitted with a non-rotating ring and a stem without the gear and then it's not right nor original and I might mistakenly buy a butchered watch.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hi Grammarofdesign. I'm not entirely sure what your question is. As far as I know the 6139 600x models (except maybe the JDM 6032) are the only ones with the rotating bezel and geared stem. Any other models and I think you can assume it shouldn't rotate.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
6139-702X inner rotates too

·
Registered
912 Posts
6139-600x
6139-602x
6139-603x
6139-7002
6139-7060

I think these have all been listed by you guys now. I can't think of any others.

If you are looking to buy one of these models then do always ask your seller if the inner bezel rotates properly!

·
Special Member
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
6139-600x
6139-602x
6139-603x
6139-7002
6139-7060

I think these have all been listed by you guys now. I can't think of any others.

If you are looking to buy one of these models then do always ask your seller if the inner bezel rotates properly!
Thank you kind sir. It's great that we have members like yourself who have the knowledge and are willing to share.

Have a Merry Christmas !

·
Registered
614 Posts
6139-600x
6139-602x
6139-603x
6139-7002
6139-7060

I did a post on this on my blog, you can still be screwed on this, with a half working gear with a dodgey substitute on a generic stem. If in doubt, don't buy it unless the seller can drop the stem out. Unless of course, you're happy to buy it potentially not working.

The one I featured, worked, mostly, but was just completely wrong. It didn't have the spring and was soldered on to the stem. Because it was the wrong gear pitch, it moved the ring, but not by interfacing with the gear teeth on the ring. That munched out the unobtainium ring and ruined it.

·
Special Member
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did a post on this on my blog, you can still be screwed on this, with a half working gear with a dodgey substitute on a generic stem. If in doubt, don't buy it unless the seller can drop the stem out. Unless of course, you're happy to buy it potentially not working.

The one I featured, worked, mostly, but was just completely wrong. It didn't have the spring and was soldered on to the stem. Because it was the wrong gear pitch, it moved the ring, but not by interfacing with the gear teeth on the ring. That munched out the unobtainium ring and ruined it.
Wow that blog 6139- post is incredible and just what I was seeking. Thank you !!1

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have a 6119-6023 Seiko 5 Sports 70 that also has a rotating inner bezel but I have no clue if the stem is the same as a 6139 model. I disassembled it to clean it up and that is when I discovered it was going to be more work than I though because my inner rotating chapter ring has lost a lot of its numbering and I though it would be an easy part to replace but not with the teeth on the bottom. The chapter ring sits on a paper thin metal friction ring. It still sitting apart because I am not sure what to do with the rotating inner bezel.
Here you can see the lay out and the friction ring right next to the inner bezel.

·
Special Member
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Killsnapz, same stem in yours as the subject 6139's

Stem # 357612

Good luck finding one. I get requests for it a lot. I sold out.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Killsnapz, same stem in yours as the subject 6139's

Stem # 357612

Good luck finding one. I get requests for it a lot. I sold out.
I had a feeling they might be the same part number and that model number was not listed so if anyone had a parts watch of that model it would be another source of the stem.
My hold up on my 6119-6023 is not the stem it is the rotating inner bezel. Most of the paint is gone and finding another will not be easy. As far as stem go I have no problem there.

and each package has two stems in it. I checked them all and they all have the double square key. I know I have at least a dozen more used ones mixed in with all of the loose stems that do not have part numbers. I only own one 6139 chronograph and I had no idea that they were that hard to find.

Michael

·
Registered
912 Posts

Absolutely right, I have one I am working on that has come to me (it would look very familiar typical ebay restore job) that has the generic stem and some weird cog that is almost correct, but the teeth spacing is just off, glued in place. It probably worked for a little bit but has now mashed up all the teeth on the bezel. Exactly as you have seen I guess Adrian.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I am planning to restore my 6119-6023 Gold Dial, Looking for crystal glass,ring(Bezel),and all the gasket in betweens, sets of 3 hands, inner Ratating bezel. Appreciate if you can help me, where to get all these parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts