The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hanging out with John (VetteEnthusiast) and my other SCWF enablers is difficult sometimes. The Pogue Madness is real and the number of crazy things we do bidding and restoring watches rivals my misspent youth hot rodding and racing cars. When I was doing that with old Chevys, VW (and Porsche) I was intrigued with the art of the possible.

In a similar way, John had a 6139 Coke case redone by Tanner Morehouse here in the US. It was stunning, almost looking too new to me it was that good (previously posted in this forum).

But the case on my silver resist 6139 was over polished enough that I needed to swap it out anyway. The value of the watch is such that I should be able to recoup my investment. So I sent it to Tanner and the results are breathtaking. Here is a before pic:

After pictures:

The serial number is easily read in the one photo, the angle of the picture hides it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Maybe I am bit bias but Tanner does beautiful work. Simply amazing result. Nice having someone here in the States we can call on for this type of specialized work.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That looks great, certainly a much better state than the overpolished start point. I sometimes toy with the idea of buying a real dog and sending it off to see how good it can be made. My daily wearer pogue is in fairly nice original condition so I can’t bring myself to have it redone.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Incredible work
Can anyone provide contact info for him?
I would love to have this done
Thank you for sharing this my friend
Can not wait to see your watch all back together so we can see it
God Bless,John
Stay safe out there

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: mwadner

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Excellent work!

·
Special Member
2,689 Posts
Beautiful Case Refinishing. From an overpolished blob to a brushed beauty. Stunning transformation.

I wish all my 6139 cases looked that good :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
That's very nicely done! I am still waiting for my yellow resist to get back from the spa. When properly done, case restoration is a way to go in my opinion, especially in cases such as yours. It's certainly debatable where the line should be drawn, for me it's AM parts and dial refinishing, but I am all for professionally restored case and lume and I am really glad to see there are people out there who managed to perfect the process and bring a new life to Pogues! Enjoy the watch! (y)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the feedback everyone. So here is the rest of the watch getting ready to go to Simon in the UK. The blue dial project watch will donate it’s inner chapter ring for the cause.

Reactions: jringo8769

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
WOW, Really nice Job ^^^...

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It really does look superb, what sort of costs are involved in a full case refinish ?
For this case with tax and shipping was $250.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts