The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I had two of the green dial variants. One I sold and the other was stolen. I have acquired two more, one with a green dial and one with blue. The bracelets both feel tight to me, significantly more so than I recall with my two previous examples. Perhaps they are simply both shorter than on my previous examples?

These two both have 14 links - 6 links between the clasp and the 6 o’clock position and 8 links between the clasp and the 12 o’clock position. And they both have the model-specific clasp extender of course

Does anybody have a full-size bracelet, and if so please tell me how many links there are on each side. Also, if someone could show me a pic of how their clasp extender fits into the clasp that would also be helpful. I attach pics of my own clasp extenders in the retracted position, but it feels flimsy and the extension piece is pivoted only on one end…

Thx all

David

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

Wood Jewellery Font Strap Metal

·
Craftsman
4,106 Posts
One of mine, with an original bracelet, also has 6 + 8 links with a clasp extender.

I've always wondered, unless you're a Sumo wrestler, aren't most Japanese wrists on the small side? Why would there be a need for a clasp extender?

·
Special Member
8,411 Posts
Odd indeed that this reference came with the expanding extender, but it certainly did as we all know. I've had 2 and both did.

·
Special Member
8,411 Posts
You have 2 with 6+8 and Tom has another. Google is our friend in these matters too.

I sold this one last year answering a WTB post, it has 6 + 8 too, plus the extender that I had taken off but included with the sale:
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Wrist
Handwriting Rectangle Font Material property Tints and shades

·
Poet Laureate
1,196 Posts
I have the 6138 Kakume JDM with the factory clasp extender. It has the same issue. I researched and concluded all the links are present, it was just designed for a population with smaller wrists

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK thx fellas - I’m going to assume that 6+8 constitutes a full-length bracelet. It’s just that both of these two feel tighter than I recall was the case with my previous examples. Probably just selective memory at work……

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mine is 6+8 as well, must be the standard with the spring loaded extender.
Oddly enough I never seen this extender on other 613x model?
I’ve seen them an few actus or advan model but not chronograph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts