The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will shortly be getting my 6139-8029 back from service and I'm looking for a bracelet to put it on. I bought the watch here a few months ago and it came with a partial original bracelet that is crucially missing one of the end pieces that link the bracelet to the watch.
I had a 19mm fishbone bracelet that that I have never worn. I thought thatr might work but the 8029 has 20mm lugs so that has just found a new owner.

I'm not a massive fan of the original bracelet, but if I could find some parts then I'd use it. Other than that I'm not sure what would look right.

Is anyone wearing theirs on a bracelet other that the original one?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, that's the one I have pieces of. I'm missing the biggest piece on one side though, so I can't piece it together. I haven't been able to find any of those to buy, or to salvage for parts though.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
An East Tech 20mm Fishbone bracelet would work nice.

I have some available if need be.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yup, that's the one I have pieces of. I'm missing the biggest piece on one side though, so I can't piece it together. I haven't been able to find any of those to buy, or to salvage for parts though.
I think I might have one of the large sections in my workshop, I'll have a look and pm you...

I love the original bracelet on mine...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I might have one of the large sections in my workshop, I'll have a look and pm you...

I love the original bracelet on mine...
Wow, that would be brilliant. Here's what I have:

Please let me know if you have anything.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Isn't there a problem with those rally bracelets? Even if you piece one together they are notorious for breaking as they have weak linkages. I see the one axb has and I can see gaps in the links. I have an 8029 awaiting restoration and I will have the same question when I get it running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hi, just had a look and although I've got a (pretty worn) case I don't think I have any bracelet parts any more. Sorry to get your hopes up!

In answer to combatID's comment whilst they aren't the most sturdily constructed bracelet and there are definitely gaps between the links (and bloody great holes in the middle of them!) I've never had any issues with mine...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have one of SeikoPsycho2's fishbone bracelets incoming so I'll be fine. Thanks for checking, I'll try and keep an eye out for the sake of completion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts