The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned in another thread that I'd found a '72 -8002 on El Bayo for a good price. Terrible photos, seller said movement was partially non-working, but that it came with an original bracelet. It just showed up, and I haven't really tested the movement, but when I pulled it out of the box, this is what greeted my eyes:

yes, that's the original Kreisler Sterlux! And the best part is that it has ALL of it's original links, all of them! Holy crap!

:-[

Well, I think it's impressive... but then I'm a newbie. You long-time collectors probably have so many of them you use them for target practice. ;D

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Lol, there aren't that many of those bands around, nice catch. Nice looking 8002 as well..

I really like the size and feel of the 8002 for some reason. I think it is the case shape.

My 8002 says hi!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Nice! Gotta love those little surprises. Here is one of mine...it's an -8001. This watch has the distinction of being the VERY FIRST vintage Seiko I ever bought. I purchased it in 2002 to replace my aging Citizen Navihawk. Then "the madness" began... ---A

Attachments

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine has that identical dial, or did. mine was SO faded and hacked. The hands were faded to plain metal. The body was badly badly "polished", probably with a file.

I worked the bejeesus out of it with an actual Dremel and polishing compounds, got out the worst of the damage... wish I knew how to put the brushing back. Anyway, the face was so badly faded that I modded the watch on a whim, using the dial from a 6139-6040 as well as a new set of hands. The movement is surprisingly nice however - keeping perfect time so far, running great.

I need to find a new inner plastic crystal ring - it's that black ring under the crystal. Mine appears to have shrunk or something. It's not in it's groove anymore, and it's too small now, and it won't snap into place.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Technoman said:
Lol, there aren't that many of those bands around, nice catch. Nice looking 8002 as well..

I really like the size and feel of the 8002 for some reason. I think it is the case shape.

My 8002 says hi!!

[/quote]

I've seen this dial referred to as the "Jedi" dial. Why? Has anyone else read that?

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, the best part of this watch is that it has a Portugese day wheel. It's Friday currently, so my watch reads "Sex 16"

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I have only ever seen that term used on a current eBay listing. Regarding that listing, I have never seen this dial in an 6139-8040 case and I strongly suspect that it is a chop shop special. The dial code for this dial is 8020T which matches known 6139-8002 models.

This page is a pretty decent references for some of these models and it is nice as it includes the dial code for each model as well. This dial doesn't show up in anything other than the 8002.

http://jwatch.hp.infoseek.co.jp/seiko-1-2.htm

Spencer said:
I've seen this dial referred to as the "Jedi" dial. Why? Has anyone else read that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts