The Watch Site banner

6139-7100 follow-up research...

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  jaimegarch 
#1 ·
I just had a close look at each of the fourteen "Helmets" on eBay this morning.

An interesting group to be sure.

All of them have attempted refinishing via abrasive material of some sort. One even has a Rado back. :-\

It looks like all are candidates for a Swedefreak massage.

However, I am wondering if there are any left out there without the seemingly "normal" molestation.

If so, I'd love to see their photos here.

Have a GREAT weekend, guys.

#4 ·
Thanks. Rob. I like to play with the language nearly as much as I like playing with timepeices.

my_left_wrist said:
LOL

Swede I love this part of your comment. This wins the best WIS jargon of the day award.

Also congrats on the helmet case tool, very ingenious. Another cool addition to your custom tool quiver.

Rob

#5 ·
Nice shot, Randy. That's what I'm talkin' about.

But what's up with the Salvidor Dali sweep hand?

Just kidding. I know it's the distortion in the crystal.

#7 ·
Let me know if you would like one of my repros made in modern tempered mineral glass. I also have genuine Seiko Crystal gaskets for these.

isupsyclone said:
Yeah, at some point the crystal was replaced with a domed plastic one. They can give you some interesting visual effects. :eek:

#9 ·
I have a NOS helmet and I took a tight profile shot of it years ago. The grooves are very deep but fine which is why they probably wore out fairly easilly from normal use. They are very distinct from the OMEGA speedmaster case stamping marks of say the Mark IV that I dare say they tried to emulate...ill try to find those picts and post them. In the meantime congrats on the regrooving tool. Thats the best effort yet on getting these cases back to their original state!

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.