The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's wrong with this one? I see the lume on the indices is irregular and looks yellow, and doesn't match the hands. Anything else stand out as fakey / aftermarket? Would it be worth reluming?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not so much fakery / aftermarket, but the case seems to have received quite a polish during previous restoration. The top side of the lugs should have the brushed finishing originally rather than shiny like this.

Photo is a little blurry so I’m not 100% on this but the subdial hand seems to be aftermarket IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I am not an expert but it looks polished. The hands are wrong compared to my own straight example. The hour and minute hands are short and the shape does not seem quite right (just a feeling about the shape). Hand lume matching the dial does not necessarily indicate they have been replaced, I have a few where the dial lume has gone cream but the hand lume is still quite light by comparison. The minute chrono hand is aftermarket or repainted.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Why do people have to do it? Plenty of otherwise good old warriors have been ruined by the misguided use of polish.
Because most non WIS just want it to look new. A lot of sellers polish these watches to sell faster to non WIS people.
True. Also, it’s a lot easier to polish the hell out of a case than to restore the original finish, especially if there are scratches or nicks. I hope we’ll see less of that as these watches become more collectible and buyers become more demanding ... but I’m not holding my breath.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts