The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this watch as a hand me down from my father and I want to reband it and get it cleaned and maybe refurbished, but I don't know much about it. I really like the look of it and have found many similar looking, but not exact. If anyone has any information about it please let me know. Pictures are attached. Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
Very nice piece, particularly because of its sentimental value. The 6139s are arguably one of Seiko's most collectible vintage watches. I've got a few of them myself, one of which was also a hand-me-down from my late father-in-law.

From what I have found (and similar to my own -6012), this seems like it might have been the original bracelet.

Regarding having it cleaned and refurbished, depending on your location, there are a variety of very capable folks who would do a great job restoring it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking of putting a rubber or cloth band on it and making it kind of a sporty watch which it kind of seems to be, I can't decide if a black band would look good on it though. Just need to find a reputable repair place. What does restoration usually run money wise for cleaning up and maintenance?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
It's not a hand me down. I bought it off Ebay about a year go. It looked like this.

I sent it of to Spencer Klein and he returned it looking like this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks fantastic. How long did it take and how much did it run you? Most importantly how did you get in touch with him to send it, I have scoured the internet and just found a linkedin page for him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts