The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all - I'm a devotee of the Seiko 6138 and I just filled out the must-haves of my collection, I thought I'd show and tell. There are definitely other 6138's I can imagine having, but these are my four favorites, starting with my most recent get:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nice ones! What's the model number for the second one?

Cheers! :)
Daniel Z.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts

• Beautiful collection ghostzapper. if you are interested, Swedefreak sells a beautiful reproduction of the plastic pointer ring that fits between the crystal and the bezels. it wold completely finish your 6138-7000/

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies!

Daniel, from the top:

6138-7000, Dec. '74
6138-8020, Mar. '75
6138-0017, Feb. '73
6138-0040, Sept. '74

Gabe, I'm pretty sure I'm going to snag one one of Jonathan's repro rings for the slide rule watch. If anyone reading this has pics of one installed, I'd love to see, please post it here.

-Paul

·
Registered
227 Posts
4 Great Chrono's !! 8)

Very nice, my compliments.

Isn't the first one mission a part... ? (the plastic pointer..... :-\ )

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Luka-San said:
4 Great Chrono's !! 8)

Very nice, my compliments.

Isn't the first one mission a part... ? (the plastic pointer..... :-\ )

We were just talking about that pointer - I'm planning to get a repro put in.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here you go! NOS original ring from Rob...

Sorry guys, my efforts to post a picture of my 6138-7000 are not working. I've tried everything, but I am unable to get it to "stick"! Frustrating!

Nice collection though! Congratulations, they look to be in great original condition.

I have two (the other one is a UFO), and I love them. Wouldn't mind adding a "bully" and a 3000 to my little collection!

Regards
Alvin

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again for all the replies, and thanks for the heads up on the NOS cursor ring - I just sent a message.

I haven't ruled out Jonathan's replacement though - I think the newer material might be a little less fragile. Any thoughts on this from anyone who's handled both?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts