The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thought some people may be interested to see a recent acquisition: a nice daily wearer 6138 ufo. I got it last week and have done a full ultrasonic clean of the case, components and bracelet and fresh seals apart from the crystal one which appeared fine.

As you can see it is quite well faded, but I thought it could make a nice honest original wearer that you don’t have to worry too much about. Of course that still leaves room for a minter, but I don’t think I can justify that purchase. Yet. If I get on with it I will get it the movement serviced. The price was attractive enough to make it a no brainer really and I’ve been after one of these for a while.

The chrono hands of these two would have been the same colour at one time.

The bracelet is full length which is nice.

Joining my small and humble collection of chronographs. Should make a nice wearer.

·
Special Member
12,576 Posts
wear and enjoy - that's what our watches are for. Nice group there! I love the big 6138s. (y)

Reactions: Reflex and Tmeakin

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Yes, I got a similar one from Argentina. It just works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice collection (y)

How does the UFO sit on the wrist compared to the Jumbo? I sold mine with the original bracelet as it never sat right for me.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice collection (y)

How does the UFO sit on the wrist compared to the Jumbo? I sold mine with the original bracelet as it never sat right for me.
It sits well on my wrist, I think I will go ahead servicing it and it should make a great daily wearer without worrying about ruining a perfect original.

On a different note, I’ve been having some difficulty with the new stem. I’ve cut it to size and filed it nice and smooth, it threads onto the crown perfectly. However after 24 hours with thread lock, the crown isn’t holding the stem properly and it backs off. Anyone have any tips on getting the crown to affix properly to the stem? And the stem was nos seiko, the crown is original, and they both thread together nicely with no rattling. I used medium thread lock, but it didn’t hold.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Stem into crown ; I hold the stem in my pin vise and turn it firmly into the crown. It shouldn't need a threadlock but it's fine to put some in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts