The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Had the unfortunate experince of having my 1969 (Dad's) 6117 6010 stolen back in 2019. Has not been recovered. Obviously it had considerbale sentimental value, so looking to see where I would be best placed to find a replacement
Thanks
K

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi there! I am sorry to hear about your dad's watch. That is a tough loss.

Before you buy, I would really research the piece you want and learn what authentic pieces look like.

It's really best/safest to buy from other collectors on the various forums. Those don't pop up often, but if you are patient I bet you would find a good one. Probably the easiest way to do that is too watch the listings through watch recon. You can always find them on eBay, though that is always risky. There can be many pitfalls with fake watches. That's not too say there aren't good ones there, you just have to be careful and know what you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
@E30KR I have a nice example, unfortunately not for sale but I will try to send you some PM links to auctions that look legit to me.

Sorry to hear about your Dad's watch. Hits me at a vulnerable time as my Dad just recently passed and I have been searching for a few of his as well.

JR
IG: @my_seiko_obsession

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hi Both

Really appreciate the feedback and direction. Unfortunately I never took a picture of the watch (before it was stolen) as I had put it aside for safekeeping. Attached is the best representation. 1969 model with the linen face and original beaded bracelet. It was my Dad's 21st gift (Milestone marker in Ireland) and he had passed it onto me for safe keeping. Really annoys me as it was totally original and had only needed a minor service to bring it back to accurate time keeping. I am sure it has been discarded by the opportunistic thief! I will keep an eye on posts as I am very conscious of picking up a dud or ringer….
If you should come by one on your travels – please drop me a note!

JR - Also sorry to hear about your Dad

Best from the Emerald Isle

K

·
Registered
431 Posts
@E30KR thank you for the condolences. I have put something up on my page to see if anybody can help. I will PM you with any leads I receive.

Thanks,

JR
IG: @my_seiko_obsession

·
Registered
431 Posts
Please go to hubcityvintage.com they are selling the one shown upper right tomorrow night at 8pm Eastern tomorrow!!!

JR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there! I am sorry to hear about your dad's watch. That is a tough loss.

Before you buy, I would really research the piece you want and learn what authentic pieces look like.

It's really best/safest to buy from other collectors on the various forums. Those don't pop up often, but if you are patient I bet you would find a good one. Probably the easiest way to do that is too watch the listings through watch recon. You can always find them on eBay, though that is always risky. There can be many pitfalls with fake watches. That's not too say there aren't good ones there, you just have to be careful and know what you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Any luck yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts