The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this on eBay. Interesting cushion case with large cut out for crown.
(seller's pics)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isthmus said:
indeed that is one lovely piece. Did you get it?
No I did not. It is a beauty but a little spendy for me right now. He has a buy it now of $265 or best offer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
Crown looks maybe to big, can still see the case tube from the caseback pic. Nice beefy case though.

Steve
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,181 Posts
Never seen or heard of that one before.


It's cool, but as you say too spendy.


There are almost no references to them online - I found only a couple of other photos. Here's one:


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
NevRo said:
Crown looks maybe to big, can still see the case tube from the caseback pic.
That's intentional. The 6106 caliber is a push type quickset for the day and date wheels, so the crown needs some room to travel and the cown tube has to be partially exposed to allow it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,954 Posts
I have the same dial and hands for this model. Chunky chrome markers are ok but black on dial is not so good. I wondered what case went with this. Movement is incorrect 6309.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
I have one with a silver/grey dial. case in bad condition but can be resotred/polished. dial suffered from water (rust):



any tips on cleaning this dial (tried rodico and mild detergents)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,564 Posts
So I ended up making an offer on this one, and it arrived today. No pics yet but will post some when I can. The case, crystal, dial and hands are mint. Not certain on the bracelets originality but it is a very nice solid link one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,045 Posts
Technoman said:
So I ended up making an offer on this one, and it arrived today. No pics yet but will post some when I can. The case, crystal, dial and hands are mint. Not certain on the bracelets originality but it is a very nice solid link one.
Very 8) Can't wait for the pics!

Cheers!
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Sorry to say, that is most definitely not the original bracelet as evidenced by the huge gap at the side of this bracelet's end pieces.

Please measure the lug width as I think I might have an appropriate bracelet in one of my project bins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,564 Posts
Your absolutely correct, not sure how I missed that Jonathan. I wonder what it is from then?


My micrometer makes it right on 12mm for the lug width. If you have something appropriate or even original please let me know, I need to order a few other parts from you as well anyway (I will email you separately..)

swedefreak said:
Sorry to say, that is most definitely not the original bracelet as evidenced by the huge gap at the side of this bracelet's end pieces.

Please measure the lug width as I think I might have an appropriate bracelet in one of my project bins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Am hallucinating again, AJ. Damn the '60s!

What I have is the reverse configuration. Sorry.

BUT--- nearly any straight-end bracelet can be adapted for these lugs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,564 Posts
LOL, NP Jonathan, been there....:)


Sent you an email anyway with some needs and I am off to hunt down a more appropriate bracelet and an Actus buckle..


AJ

swedefreak said:
Am hallucinating again, AJ. Damn the '60s!

What I have is the reverse configuration. Sorry.

BUT--- nearly any straight-end bracelet can be adapted for these lugs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,564 Posts
Sorry, reviving an old thread merely because I managed to get some proper pictures of this one. Fitted an Actus bracelet to this one that is VERY similar to the 6139 bracelet but the connecting piece on the end is about 1.5mm bigger than the 6139 bracelet. I have no way of telling if this is the original bracelet but it fits like it...


Anyway, here she is, 6106-8410...











 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top