The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all-
Just recently acquired this watch for a few dollars, but I can not find any information on any Seiko's that remotely resemble it. The etching on the caseback is extremely difficult to read and next to impossible to photograph. As far as I can tell this what is etched: STAINLESS STEEL 6106 8040 WATERPROOF, with SEIKO 5, the SUWA and the serial number underneath. The Rotor is marked Seiko Japan 25 Jewels Swiss. The 100% Waterproof marking on the dial is not something I have seen before and the light etching on the back lead me to believe it is not Seiko. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Bob

6106 001.jpg

6106 006.jpg

6106 007.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Noah. Nothing looked right, but I was intrigued by the case design. Then when I cracked it open and saw SWISS on the rotor, well.... It is a beautifully done knock-off that I'm glad to have only paid a couple of dollars for.

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
507 Posts
The word 'incabloc' on the dial is a dead giveaway as well. No Japanese watch uses incabloc shock protection.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Any history between seiko n swiss movement makers in the past? Any body here knows about it?
This is a good place to start http://www.thewatchsite.com/12-reference-articles-faq-model-guides/112-journey-time-remarkable-story-seiko-seiko-s-official-history-book.html
If you look at the pictures on P35/6 and compare them to contemporary Swiss movements, you'll be in no doubt as to Seiko (as well as Citizen)
buying manufacturing rights from the Swiss.
If you ask this question separately on the Japanese forum, you'll get much more detailed answers from some members who have a huge knowledge of Seiko/Citizen history.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts