The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This is my first post to this forum so I look forward to learning from everyone’s experience! I recently purchased a small watchmakers estate and in a box I found Seiko 6106-7689 in pieces. I was able to find all the pieces and put the movement together and it’s now running very nicely. When it came time to put the dial back on, I realized the day and date do not line up in the window of the dial. I’m just wondering, because the stem is at the 4 o clock position, are the day and date rings need to be specific to the 7689? Because the watch was in pieces I’m not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
That's a beautiful dial. The are 2 types of day/date wheels. One type for a 4 o'clock crown and the other for a 3 o'clock crown. Most for the 6106 I've seen are at 4 o'clock though. A parts movement can be picked up pretty cheap that has the 4 o'clock wheel and disk. Also check the day disk, It may be loose and spinning around on the hub, if that's the case line it back up and press it again to tighten it up. You can use date parts from a 6109 as well, although those are harder to find.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts