The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 6106-7107 a while ago, hoping to get it as beautiful as it should be.

This weekend, weather sucked, and a nice package from Jules Borel arrived...
I am sorry, did not make before pics... :(

Sanded the case on the topside
Polished the sides and the bottom
Cleaned it, toothbrush and ultrasonic

Replace crystal with the perfect crystal from Borel
Replaced the beaten up bezel with a NOS one
Replaced all 3 hands with NOS ones
Replaced inner rotating ring with a NOS one
Replaced the daywheel with one from a parts-watch. The dayring was loos from the axe.
Found a bracelet, not the right one but an appropriate one.
Replaced all gaskets

This is the end result:

It's 5 minutes slow, that will be the next action and then I will put it in my display

Got 3 now:

The missing 3..... I don't miss them :)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
WOW, that is a phenomenal restoration robbie. It looks brand new. Nicely done man. Here are the rest of the pieces from that add:

If you are trying to recreate it, I would be happy to help you with the Gold one.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Isthmus said:
WOW, that is a phenomenal restoration robbie. It looks brand new. Nicely done man. Here are the rest of the pieces from that add:

If you are trying to recreate it, I would be happy to help you with the Gold one.
[/quote]

Gabe, should you not get the proper sized watches that are the same size as the ones in the picture instead of the small ones ? (still a great picture though)

/ martin

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much do you want for it?

Because I have 3, Stony has the square and the green. So Stony and me miss the gold one to recreate the ad. And then we will have it complete in the Netherlands...

Isthmus said:

[/quote]

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I have 2 blue ones
3 rally divers
1 orange

Stony might have the orange too.

Maybe we can even make the ad 2 times now 8)

Now the hunt is on for the bracelets.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Robbie,

What a wonderful looking 6106-7107 you have there. Great job on the resto. I have alway really liked the look of this particular sport diver model.

I have a pm coming your way.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not for sale....

my_left_wrist said:
Robbie,

What a wonderful looking 6106-7107 you have there. Great job on the resto. I have alway really liked the look of this particular sport diver model.

I have a pm coming your way.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Running on tiem now and waterproof, som I can even swim with it.

Girlfriend thinks it's not big enough, the bracelet must also be thicker...

She is used to my Sumo and Arnies...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am new to the forum - today 08/05/2013 and joined to find a replacement bezel for my one owner ( I bought it new on board ship in 1973) Seiko 6106-7107. Love the watch but haven't worn it for years since a watchmaker lost the bezel and appears to have glued the crystal on. I am not a watch maker but I would like to get this repaired and use it as my daily wear. My deal is rebuilding antique fountain pens but I do love this watch. It has been in salt water, turbine oil, acetone and lots of other abuse while on board ship and working but always kept running and was just the best -- always loved Seiko since my first one in 1965. Any help is appreciated.
lanl Dan

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
WTF?????

Where are the photos?

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
vinylgreek said:
I thought it was just me Jonathon. :))
If the member, for whatever reason, embedded a photo from a photo service like Photobucket, Flickr, Picasaweb, etc and then moved or deleted that photo, it will not show up in their post. Considering that the post is > three years old, one or the other may be the case. Using the "Attachments and other options" upload selection eliminates that problem.
:great:

·
Registered
882 Posts
JohnN said:
If the member, for whatever reason, embedded a photo from a photo service like Photobucket, Flickr, Picasaweb, etc and then moved or deleted that photo, it will not show up in their post. Considering that the post is > three years old, one or the other may be the case. Using the "Attachments and other options" upload selection eliminates that problem.

For this reason, please don't delete your old pictures if they're still referenced in posts or just do what John says and attach them!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Welcome! The first thing to do is to find the part number for the bezel. There are a few competent restorers that could probably do the work for you: Ken Setser (http://www.abouttimewatches.com/), Jack Alexyon (http://internationalwatchworks.com/ but website is sketchy tonight for some reason), or Randall Benson ([email protected]). Good luck!

lanl said:
I am new to the forum - today 08/05/2013 and joined to find a replacement bezel for my one owner ( I bought it new on board ship in 1973) Seiko 6106-7107. Love the watch but haven't worn it for years since a watchmaker lost the bezel and appears to have glued the crystal on. I am not a watch maker but I would like to get this repaired and use it as my daily wear. My deal is rebuilding antique fountain pens but I do love this watch. It has been in salt water, turbine oil, acetone and lots of other abuse while on board ship and working but always kept running and was just the best -- always loved Seiko since my first one in 1965. Any help is appreciated.
lanl Dan

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,744 Posts
JohnN said:

Or use a photo host with unlimited storage, and don't ever delete them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts