The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have a few posts up regarding my rebuild of my 6105 8110, I could add all my posts into the original but I fear that some posts might get lost in the replies.
Ok on looking at the bits I got this movement with and on the first attempt at rebuilding, I noticed the escape wheel had a pinion snapped off

I got another escape wheel from a donor movement with pinions in place so I fitted that as it had the same part number as the 6105 escape wheel.
Now my query is this, If you look at the pictures it has a gear wheel in the bottom that does nothing is this correct.

As you can see it sits above the centre wheel, the drive is taken from the top, is this correct, could this be the reason why my movement isn't working, just a thought, cheers for any info

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7s26b you are a star mate, im hunting around for all different movements that I can get parts from, as I have found that as soon as you search for 6105 the price sky rockets haha, my mainspring is now shot, the bridal broke off, not to worry I can order a new one, in the mean time I have a citizen 5430 movement that needs a new roller jewel fitted , ive measured the barrel diameter on that mainspring it matches the 6105 for size, but until I take it out the movement I wont know for sure if it will work but its worth a try. Busy tomorrow night so it will have to wait until tuesday night before I start again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts