The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold a 6105 on ebay last night. All of the information about the watch was listed in the description. It was stated in the auction that the movement was a 7546 quartz. The winning bidder messages me 4 hours after he won asking me if the movement was automatic and asking for a picture of the movement. It says he is from the united states. Also he hasnt paid yet. Now im not jumping for payment just yet i will give him a few more days but asking about what movement is inside the watch 4 hours after the auction ended and clearly it was stated in the description is giving me not a good feeling. Thoughts? Ideas? Guidance?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Setting up for a partial refund. I would never ask for a partial if it was listed correctly, but do if it was not. When I pay for something I am paying for what the description says. When it does not match the description then it is not what you payed for.

I had a problem just recently with a member here that said I was strong arming him by not leaving him feedback immediately while there was still a discrepancy with his description. I guess he wanted me to leave positive feedback before the problem was resolved. I try to list any and all problems with a watch when I list it.

I feel like you are just asking for a problem when you try to hid something, which was clearly not the case with your listing.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He was actually the last bidder and for the last hour i didnt recieve another bid. So he had plenty of time to read.

·
Registered
25,696 Posts
Relist it...If paid... Refund and do not ship.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Just state the facts and that you clearly described it but say you don't mind cancellation.

I would simply relist it and move on.

I get in to the habit of putting the details in bold in the listing, underlined maybe or even in a different colour. Maybe in your listing put quartz movement in the title to avoid any more trouble. Unfortunately I think it has to be this way!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Setting up for a partial refund. I would never ask for a partial if it was listed correctly, but do if it was not. When I pay for something I am paying for what the description says. When it does not match the description then it is not what you payed for.

I had a problem just recently with a member here that said I was strong arming him by not leaving him feedback immediately while there was still a discrepancy with his description. I guess he wanted me to leave positive feedback before the problem was resolved. I try to list any and all problems with a watch when I list it.

I feel like you are just asking for a problem when you try to hid something, which was clearly not the case with your listing.
Yes i was very clear stating the watch had a 7546 Quartz movement. There are no secrets with the watch. I only had 2 questions asked since it was posted for auction. So its not like they didnt understand.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just state the facts and that you clearly described it but say you don't mind cancellation.

I would simply relist it and move on.

I get in to the habit of putting the details in bold in the listing, underlined maybe or even in a different colour. Maybe in your listing put quartz movement in the title to avoid any more trouble. Unfortunately I think it has to be this way!
And than i have to call ebay and see if they can cancel the final seller fees.. $60 is $60

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Nah, you should be able to cancel order from your end and you'll get a final value credit.
Just relist it.
If there is an issue, then call eBay, but I don't believe you'll have to.

It's a hassle, I know all about calling eBay....:)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yes i was very clear stating the watch had a 7546 Quartz movement. There are no secrets with the watch. I only had 2 questions asked since it was posted for auction. So its not like they didnt understand.

I think in answer to his question, I would just refer him back to the description in the listing for the answer.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The ad was easy to read and plainly stated about the movement. Should be no surprise there. What is the sellers feedback score?

Just looked and the buyer bid 30 hours before ending. Plenty of time to read and understand the ad. Cancel and relist.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The ad was easy to read and plainly stated about the movement. Should be no surprise there. What is the sellers feedback score?

Just looked and the buyer bid 30 hours before ending. Plenty of time to read and understand the ad. Cancel and relist.
56 with 100%

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Accept his cancellation and offer the watch as a 'second chance' offer to the bidder who, in this case, only bid $10 lower than the finish price. :cool:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My response was, i wrote it clearly in the description. How could you not see it? His response was "i read less".

So thats the story.. I think im gonna use ebay from now on just for purchase and not sell. I think ebay needs to come up with some forceful rules for buyers that they need to follow.
It shouldnt be that easy for buyers to cancel out because of their own stupidity..

·
Registered
778 Posts
Don't ditch ebay just because of one dipshit.. however there's plenty out there.

Maybe just put at the top of your listings "READ ENTIRE DESCRIPTION BEFORE BIDDING" or something. Surely they can't miss that.

But then, some people are so stupid i wouldn't put it past them..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts