The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story, picked up a 6105-8000 (May 1968) bag of parts. Evidently the crown tube broke off or rotted off. The stub of the tube was drilled down to the case. The tube is brass. (nickle plated?)

So, replace the tube? Is that even possible?

Convert to trip-lock?

Just building an everyday wear watch. Unless some kind soul has a OEM dial, hands, and crown with stem for sale cheap, this watch will never have collector value.

Don't have much at all invested at this point.

What would you do?

Max

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
well hello..did you just get this off ebay?...i think i have seen it...parts will be expensive for sure for genuine parts..pics will help for sure...well if it the watch i seen on the bay...this is what i was going to do..i had a very nice aftermarket dial and hands...that looked very close to original..the tube is the tricky part..easiest way it to trip lock it...but make sure it is done right..i am told they can be tricky..bezel will be the expensive part..i have seen them go for over 200..if i can help in any way..let me know..there is a used 6105 dial and hands for sale on here for the later 6105 for 130 i think..needs redone..John

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Came from a watch hobbiest estate sale.

Have a proper rotating bezel, no insert. Has hands and dial, but in unusable condition. The better aftermarket replacements will have to do.

Movement can be saved.

Will put on a Jubilee or President bracelet. I wish the Engineer came in 19mm.

If I could get the proper dimensions of the tube, I can fabricate and install another. Am I correct in remembering that the 8000 case has a straight tube with no threads?

Max

1 - 4 of 4 Posts