The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys massive thanks to all who have pointed me in the right direction so far, well with the use of bits from a 6119 movement and just today a 6309 i have managed to get the 6105B beating again.
well almost, she ticked away sweetly for about 10 mins then stopped but its ok, atleast now i know the train is free and able to transmit power. i will have to now strip it back down and install the hacking lever, get a proper date wheel (6119 same size but print is off) new stem and hope my local watch smith can drill out the old original crown.
I managed the strip of the donor 6309 and rebuild of the 6105 this morning before work, took me about an hour so I,m way happy aout that, just not the stopping movement, but hey it worked and I will get it working properly shortly.
So to recap on parts needed

stem
crown (possibly)
small thin wire that goes around the movement (forgotton what its called)
date wheel
and waffle strap

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Well at least you are almost there now

Its coming along fine, just a few more parts and some patience.
You did well in getting of the Launch Pad, now the rest is all down hill
You will soon have a working ....... " 6105 " and be enjoying it.
It was worth all the effort right ?:13::72:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have a look for that ring, I've got the plastic one the thick metal one just missing the thin springy one.
The crystal is properly scratched, and I'm in two minds wether to change it or not, the dial has the mold on the lume and 90% of the minute markers have been worn away, but it's got character

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
I think the thin springy ring is supposed to be part of the thick metal one?

"but it's got character"
WIS speak for, its a battered old beast;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Zenciti thank you, I have a date wheel in my spares box, that's saved a couple of quid, cheers for the info mate.

Uh ohh, just checked and I have a 6309 date wheel on at the mo in replacement for the worn 6105. The trouble is the date wheel doesn't line up with the date window, it fits perfectly left to right but up and down its showing the top of one date and the bottom of another, I might of fitted it slightly wrong but it seems the print is off as all the teeth mesh correctly with the mechanism, I shall be investigating this weekend and shall let you know the results of my findings

1 - 7 of 7 Posts