The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of these homages with different brand names .
Are they all the same watch just with different brand badges ?
s-l400.jpg
s-l400 (1).jpg
s-l400 (2).jpg

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Some seem to have come from the same factory (usually using Seiko movements) and the only difference is the name on the dial.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Check out this link.WR Watches
I'm wondering how they are putting an NH35 movement in a 'true' 4 o'clock crown case and still getting the date to line up perfectly with a 3 o'clock date window? Even if the dial pins were adjusted to fit the movement surely the angular displacement, within the movement, would still be wrong for the date disk to line up perfectly as the crown moves down a few degrees clockwise to 'true' 4 o'clock as the date display would also rotate the same few degrees with it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm wondering how they are putting an NH35 movement in a 'true' 4 o'clock crown case and still getting the date to line up perfectly with a 3 o'clock date window? Even if the dial pins were adjusted to fit the movement surely the angular displacement, within the movement, would still be wrong for the date disk to line up perfectly as the crown moves down a few degrees clockwise to 'true' 4 o'clock as the date display would also rotate the same few degrees with it?
Spencer Klein showed on his channel I believe that it can be done .

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am not a fan of homages, and this is what they are. If you watch Spencer's video, you'll see him discussing it in detail and it is fascinating. I just wish Seiko themselves would produce these, as I would definitely buy one then!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I am not a fan of homages, and this is what they are. If you watch Spencer's video, you'll see him discussing it in detail and it is fascinating. I just wish Seiko themselves would produce these, as I would definitely buy one then!
Homages, copies, replicas, reinterpretations, grey market, grey areas....it's a lot to digest. Kinda like fast food, eh? ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts