The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[size=1em]Calling 6105 gurus ...
I got what I consider a nice 6105-8119 some time ago, it had aftermarket dial and hands installed but included the original dial and hands.
I have enjoyed the watch immensely since receiving it but would like to get the dial cleaned up and relumed. Before I do so i would like to make sure that it is a genuine dial, and I would like your opinions on the included pics. There seems to be a number, 2 digits I think, on the back one might be a 6?

If I end up having the dial and hands relumed, I was considering vintage lume, does anyone have a pic of a 6105 with this type of lume?
Please post any other 6105 lume pics to help me make a decision.

Lastly who would you suggest to give the watch the once over, including the movement, clean up and relume the dial and hands?

thanks so much everyone, RossG

here are the pics ...

[size=1em]
And the complete watch as it is today ...

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
I am not a expert thats for sure but i would say your dial is original, at one time i thought if the 6105 did not have recessed index markers on the rear it was after market but now i have seen a few examples were this is not the case, also the after market backs are flat were as the genuine ones are turned like yours (like an old record).

But i stand to be corrected.

I here really good things about Randall, Jack and Ken when it comes to luming etc.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for taking the time to reply John, I appreciate it.
I'll do a search for a pic of the aged lume.

regards, Ross

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Arco!

I have an all original 6105 that has been relumed by Jack at IWW. The lume looks vintage and aged in daylight, but glows like a torch in the dark!

Cheers! :)
Daniel Z.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks incredible Daniel, thanks for the lume shot, I really like the aged look as opposed to the bright white lume on such a nice vintage piece. I was thinking I would go with Jack, but you have made my mind up for me.

thanks again, Ross.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm glad to help. You won't regret it, Jack is a wizard! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts