The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading "lucky find" stories here for several years, but thought one would never come my way. Bumbled into an antique store in Rochester, MN yesterday, and saw a familiar bulbous shape UPSIDE DOWN in a watch case. I walked out with it for $190. The proprietor wasn't completely ignorant.

I don't see a 6105 guide in our new system here, and am looking for some help to verify its originality.

Relume? Under the loupe I can see that the lume spills over the edge of the markers very slightly in some places. Is this a telltale sign? The lume is bright white, but glows poorly. The red portion of the second hand is very faded. The crystal has a few modest scratches, and the bezel insert has only a couple of imperfections. The pip is yellowed slightly, and is slightly below the surface of the insert. To my untrained eye, it looks like an original strap. I've read enough horror stories here to not trust it, but it seems soft and supple, and I can detect no cracks. The SN shows a Mfg date of Oct 76, making this a very late model. Sorry I don't seem to be able to improve on these pictures. The context in which I found it makes me think its original, but how can one know? Please provide your observations and advise on how to determine originality of the various parts.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/gary6213/IMG_6386.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/gary6213/IMG_6387.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, this is my first post on the new forum, and I can't figure out how to get pictures to show up.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

Just click on the button that looks like the Mona Lisa (third from the left) and past the link to your pictures in the box that pops up.

The dial and hands look brand new. Is it possible they've been relumed?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
You New 6105 is a TOP SHELF Beautiful Example of One of the Most Sought after Seiko Divers Ever made Great Find

W/o seeing the Case Back or for that matter, the Movement, If it had no Movement in it ay all??? I would still be saying
"GREAT FIND"

The Dial and HANDS are spectacular But I would not Rule Out the possibility of some reluming??? I have never seen a Set of 6105 Hands
The SECOND hand that is, turn complete WHITE Not saying there can't be a First Time, but IMHO There may have been some reluming?/

And if this is the case? it was done Very Nicely, all the Indices appear to be w/o Scratches or Tarnishing, and She looks to me, as a Beauty

will be nice to see the Mvt and year and case back but I would Think seeing the Front, the back should be as nice

GOOD LUCK This is why it is never Hopeless, to find the TREASURES that still exist

1 - 8 of 8 Posts