The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

I picked up this cracking 6105-8119 the other day from Australia. It came on a vintage Rubber 19mm Seiko dive strap. Its not the original waffle. Can anyone tell me anything about the strap and if it was made for this watch or is it just a standard Seiko 19mm dive strap.

This one ticks a lot of boxes. Dial and hands are sensational, no case opening marks on the case back, original case finish and a ghost bezel to boot! I just added a NOS crystal I picked up in a parts lot. Tossing up weather to keep and overhaul or sell.

Anyway any info on the strap would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
932 Posts
That is certainly a gorgeous looking 6105! Great find. As for the strap I think it's not an original Seiko band. The extra bits from the moulding process isn't typical of Seiko.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is certainly a gorgeous looking 6105! Great find. As for the strap I think it's not an original Seiko band. The extra bits from the moulding process isn't typical of Seiko.
On closer inspection I just realised that the buckle is definitely from the original ZLM01. My guess is they purchased a replacement strap (unless someone can ID it) and kept the original buckle.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
On closer inspection I just realised that the buckle is definitely from the original ZLM01. My guess is they purchased a replacement strap (unless someone can ID it) and kept the original buckle.
I could be wrong but I thought the clasp would read " SEIKO G" on the underside of the clasp if it were from a ZLM01 ?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Not sure if this buckly is from a ZLM01 but it was fitted on a Seiko 4205 strap.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Printing on your buckle looks poorly positioned and the O of Seiko looks to be the incorrect shape

1 - 13 of 13 Posts