The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Craftsman
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! Long time no thread like this, so why not share with you all a 6105 relume I did not long ago, I thought.

The dial had some lume rot and the markers were a little sorry, so I removed the matt finish that was in poor shape and I was left with a pretty smart dial to work with.

I then relumed it. Handset done as well. Please ignore the little bit of lint stuck on the movement holder....tut.

The markers had been initially masked off and matt varnished to restore the look of the 8110/9 dials.

And here it is on the watch! Pretty cool looking 6105 that was a pleasure to do. (Thank you A, if you see this...)

Cheers. I hope you like it!馃嵒

Special Member
great to see you Guy !!
Wow is about all I can say - very well done.

Reactions: GuyJ

Special Member
Good to see you Guy, very nice job as always. I love seeing your restorations, they inspired me to do a very special restoration of my own on a 6309-7290 a few months ago. Not quite your level, but I was pleased with it. I went back and looked at several of yours before attempting it. thank you for sharing another beautiful job.

Researcher
Nice work, and what a lovely result!!

Registered
Seriously Guy, If one wasn't told.... Tip Top Job !!! Even the Hilly texture of the surface in some plots Just like Seiko :) None Better ^^^

Special Member
That is some beautiful work Guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Hello Guy
Gav mentioned your name to me and told me about your re-luming skills.
This shows how well you've mastered that skill.
Did you sand the markers before applying the varnish?
You don't hear of many people restoring hands or markers !
Excellent job.(y)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts