The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
Seiko Dive Watches, Rolex Submariner
393 Posts
6105B movement in a 8110 should hack. Either the hacking lever in the movement is malfunctioning or it has an earlier 6105/6105A movement from a different watch...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6105B movement in a 8110 should hack. Either the hacking lever in the movement is malfunctioning or it has an earlier 6105/6105A movement from a different watch...
Thank you my mate, i just opened and its a 6105b (at least It says that), maybe is a malfunction as you said.... Tnx

The dial, hands, and crown are fake
Tnx, please, how can you tell? To my untrained eye looks decent but Let me learn from you

The bezel insert is also AM
Really, maybe one from yabokies? Can you explaine me a little bit More, want to learn

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you my mate, i just opened and its a 6105b (at least It says that), maybe is a malfunction as you said.... Tnx

Tnx, please, how can you tell? To my untrained eye looks decent but Let me learn from you

Really, maybe one from yabokies? Can you explaine me a little bit More, want to learn
hmm now I'm struggling, I think I'm driving myself crazy - but your new photos make it look more legit, even the crown seems to now have the right number of splines, whereas I swear I can only count 6 in the first photo. I am going to rescind my prior statement and wait for someone else to weigh in now that you have these better photos

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I've been having a good look at your pictures and as far as I can tell everything looks OK.
Dial, hands, crown and bezel insert look genuine.

If you can check the back of the dial it should have a date code printed on it to confirm genuine.

·
Craftsman
1,993 Posts
Please provide a picture of the movement side of the watch so we can get a look at the mechanicals. I am curious to know why the bezel insert is AM. Looks legit to me. Large lume pip with triangle tip silver that extends over the edge of the insert. Font looks correct to me also but I am by no means an expert. I am just the mechanic. :D

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I am no 6105 expert either, but cosmetically the bezel insert, dial and hands - including the correct long sweep stoplight all look Seiko to me.

·
Special Member
7,891 Posts
I saw the new photos last night and thought it was genuine but wanted to see how others weighed in because I am not the most expert out there, but I've seen a few 6105s in my time. from the top side I think the dial is genuine myself, also the hand set.

I agree a photo of the back of the dial would be interesting to finally nail it as OEM.

·
Special Member
689 Posts
The 1st pic of the lume pip on the insert looked both too big and off-center, that later pics look good for the insert. But the hour and minute hand lumed areas look too long and I would like to see the back of the dial, the front looks too nice and the loose dial and the dial on the movement have different shaped lume surrounds, the interior corners are rounded on one and crisply square on the other, but the surrounds seem a bit too wide.

·
Special Member
3,516 Posts
Dial looks Real. Bezel Insert looks Real. Hands look Real (but I really struggle with AM hands). The Case looks like it might be a Resist and not a correct Proof case. More and better photos from above the crown and full side profile of the crown side would be very useful.

·
Registered
SEIKO 6105-8110 150m Diver PROOF
1,104 Posts
I could be wrong but from the available pictures above, the bezel insert is a little bit too grainy and slightly slanted down toward the center? AFAIK, 6105-8110 PROOF/PROOF has less grainy and flat insert. I would love to see more pictures of the insert from different angle if you don't mind.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I've been having a good look at your pictures and as far as I can tell everything looks OK.
Dial, hands, crown and bezel insert look genuine.

If you can check the back of the dial it should have a date code printed on it to confirm genuine.
I saw the new photos last night and thought it was genuine but wanted to see how others weighed in because I am not the most expert out there, but I've seen a few 6105s in my time. from the top side I think the dial is genuine myself, also the hand set.

I agree a photo of the back of the dial would be interesting to finally nail it as OEM.
Thank you for the answer... for the moment I will not dismantle the watch (when the service is needed I will do it and then we can be sure... the good thing is that i know the seller, so if anything weird happens like finding out its dammaged or is not geniune he will give me my money back), for the moment I can tell you that I took a look from the side of the movment i can sligtly see that the indexes are stamped and not applied/glued... so, maybe its an extra hint that is genuine..

I am no 6105 expert either, but cosmetically the bezel insert, dial and hands - including the correct long sweep stoplight all look Seiko to me.
Thank you my mate..

The 1st pic of the lume pip on the insert looked both too big and off-center, that later pics look good for the insert. But the hour and minute hand lumed areas look too long and I would like to see the back of the dial, the front looks too nice and the loose dial and the dial on the movement have different shaped lume surrounds, the interior corners are rounded on one and crisply square on the other, but the surrounds seem a bit too wide.
I noticed that too, there is a difference between tha resist (loose) and the proof dials (on movment)... im not sure if there is a diference between versions?

Great example. Probably hacking lever issue or maybe a smaller diameter balance installed so hacking lever can't reach. Either way, very nice original example imo.
Hi my man, thank you! rexwhortywatches on IG, is that you? You the Best, love your posts...

The moral of the story: if you want authentication, post your good photos up front
Or ask for better pictures 🤪 just kidding, i'm the interested one and should consider this next time... thank you for your help buddy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Please provide a picture of the movement side of the watch so we can get a look at the mechanicals. I am curious to know why the bezel insert is AM. Looks legit to me. Large lume pip with triangle tip silver that extends over the edge of the insert. Font looks correct to me also but I am by no means an expert. I am just the mechanic. :D
Hi, here you have, would love to know if you see something... Left Is the proof watch, right Is a resist one that i already have just for comparisson.... First sight diferente engravings... 🧐 Looks good, but diferent.
Watch Analog watch Blue Light Clock

Watch Analog watch Blue Clock Watch accessory

Dial looks Real. Bezel Insert looks Real. Hands look Real (but I really struggle with AM hands). The Case looks like it might be a Resist and not a correct Proof case. More and better photos from above the crown and full side profile of the crown side would be very useful.
Sorry for my bad pictures, Will work on that... But yes, i have a resist watch supposely from 72, and noticed what you said.. different chapes... You can see the proof case from 70 on top and resist from 72 on the bottom...the older one, its radius close to the lugs Is bigger so you have a less pronounced inclinationn... Hope you can elaborate More... Tnx
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

I could be wrong but from the available pictures above, the bezel insert is a little bit too grainy and slightly slanted down toward the center? AFAIK, 6105-8110 PROOF/PROOF has less grainy and flat insert. I would love to see more pictures of the insert from different angle if you don't mind.
Here some More, sorry for the quality
Saving Automotive tire Mason jar Drinkware Lens

Drinkware Lens Camera lens Camera accessory Gas

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Font

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts