The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for an original strap for my 6105-8110 for a while now..the strap I was after is the rarer GL-731 strap..After seeing a few posts with the strap on 6105-8110's, I was sold..it took a year or so of searching (and saving) but I finally landed the strap..I'm over the moon the end result for this all original 6105-8110..truely one of my best and another box ticked on my 'list' (never ending list!!). thanks Clayton

·
Registered
64 Posts
I cannot BELIEVE no one has commented yet! That is the holiest of GRAILS!! (I hate you :) ) those pics need to be put on the archive page. Simply INCREDIBLE -Ronbo

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I guess it was the night Ron"Ranbo" got his fill of XGL-731s lol Clayton she looks Stunning as useual I just emailed Ronbo asking about the :Meguairs' Rubber and Vinyl Treatment he mentioned on his Post.

I also mentioned your experience w/ the XGL-731 Perfect Timing. Break em all out LOL And sent a few pics of the XGL w/ the NOS 6105-8110 I am hoping
his experience /w the Mequair well he already said it's Good Stulff

Yes it is the Grail IMO of the " Three " as I am sure we will see all Three The Waffle--The XGL-731---and as we have called it the #-3 or the 3rd Strap.
It seems that the 6215-7000 6159-700X--62mas--and 6105s were the Seiko Divers from 1966?67 that used the three The Waffle being the Most common.

Sounds Strange calling the Waffle Common but compared to the XGL-731 and the #-3 strap they become RARE compared to the waffle.

It will be a Great Post when all are shown Together Very Soon i'm sure.

Mike Mounce has his deep influence in Both our Quests for these Straps But IMO they could never be Presented any better then Claytons Pictures

BTW sssieko Nice XGL on a Very nice 6105 Very lucky finding one It was Mike M recently said, the Strap is Bringing more then the 6105s, this has become Reality.
Ron is Right "Many of your recent Pics Do belong in the Archives IMHO Great Pics

·
Administrator
30,103 Posts
Clayton that 6105 is a BEAUTY as all your watches are but...............and i know this will sound like the ravings of a lunatic but as a bracelet type of guy i wouldent pay $50 for any of the "grail" rubber straps !!! but great for you dedicated collectors and in all honesty i can understand you seeking them out, a very little like my feelings for original bracelets on my Belles but not in the same class or price as those !!

I wonder who now has the best and rarest collection of original 6105s and 6309s and vintage Seiko divers in general (pre 1980)? ;)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Clayton, any chance we can see a pic of the back of that Pristine 6105. After chatting with Russell I now fully understand the grail like status of that strap. :) Beautiful watch and the coolest, rarest strap around. Congratulations on that museaum quality watch.

·
Registered
234 Posts
THE strap, indeed. Don't see too many of them.

Here's some pics of mine, came on the 6105 I found like new. My luckiest watch score ever.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Steve That may well be the Score of a Lifetime for SEIKO LOVERS, the 731 looks beautiful, The 6105 Speaks for it's self Beautiful

I am finding more and more, this is the Strap that was found much more on the 6159-700X and to a lesser DAGREE on the 6215-7000

It seems the 6105s were /w Waffle for the most part. As Clayton said the XGL-731 and the 1970 Proof/Proof 6105-8110 Grail
on Grail Beautiful
I have mine on my 6159-7001 They were Truly made for each other, yet They were truly Made for IMHO ANY/ALL of the 6215-7000
6159-700X 62MAS and the 6105s

I LOVE TO SEE WHEN SOMONE BREAKS OUT THER TREASURED XGL-731
THEY ARE KEEPT VERY LOW KEY ??? ;) I LOVE THEM. THANKS For the treat

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Fabulous 8)
You have done well there. I see these occasionally but since I don't have a 6105 anymore I let them slide :'(

Keep up the excellent work :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts