The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Special Member
9,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to not hijack another thread any further, starting this discussion for all the 6105-811X diver fans like myself.

I have 2 early PROOF Dials, both have grooved concentric circle backs as shown below.

February 1968:
Gas Circle Button Automotive wheel system Metal

March 1968:
Manhole cover Wood Gas Circle Manhole

Then we have all sorts of -RESIST dials to show that are clearly stamped here is one of mine, and it has no date code stamp either:
Automotive tire Road surface Manhole cover Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

Thoughts on if the early dials were truly applied hour markers, or stamped and then clad backs were attached, or what ?

·
Administrator
34,667 Posts
For a long while collectors thought 6105 dials where fake if they where not stamped like the one in the third photo but over time I for one had a few one owner samples go through my hands that had the plain back, as with all things Seiko be prepared for the non norm :)

·
Administrator
34,667 Posts
No Jon, unfortuanatly I dident study the models or the years the dials were associated with at the time, should of because so many still thought a non stamped dial was after market, I did initially think they where good after market ones until I had a couple of one owner examples with the plain back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts