The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought a 6105-8000 a couple years ago before I was knowledgeable about Seiko. I took it out the other day and realized that it has a resist dial and a proof case back. Is it possible from the factory or likely someone swapped the caseback?

Everything is original otherwise (dial, hands, crown, bezel...even the waffle strap).

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, one or the other :)

It's 850...so proof it is. Thanks for the info. Now, does my OCD get the better of me on something that only I know about or not? Something else to hunt for on ebay I guess. Alas...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What movement has it got Mike ? A or B ;)

You've stumped me...perhaps I'll open her up...or wait until Richard gives her a much needed service. But...let's face it, she needs a resist back. It was well bought so I'm not going to worry too much about it....and I'm not a seller unless I'm down to eating dog food...and even then...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424021968.993990.jpg

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
You've stumped me...perhaps I'll open her up...or wait until Richard gives her a much needed service. But...let's face it, she needs a resist back. It was well bought so I'm not going to worry too much about it....and I'm not a seller unless I'm down to eating dog food...and even then...

You needent open up Mike, does it hack (B) if not (A) :)

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
well i have the same problem as you do....i was unable to find a very nice 6105 8000 proof dial and had to use a like new 8009 resist dial...to make yours right...you need to find the correct dial...or change the movement to the later 6105b movement and change the case back...you have a beautiful watch either way....God Bless John

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
Or the caseback needs to be resist. ;)
Wouldn't it be more likely that a later-produced part (the resist dial) would be added to the earlier watch (proof back with non-hacking, A movement), generally speaking? Also, dials are more likely to be replaced in service compared to case backs. One thing to check for is the date stamp on the back of the dial. If it varies quite a bit from the case's serial number, then that would be further evidence it was added to the watch later on. My money's on a swapped dial, but never say never, stranger things have happened, etc. :)

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
there is a date stamp on the dial....very cool...now i have to look at mine...great info Noah R....God Bless

1 - 16 of 16 Posts