The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I recently reaquired a lovely proof/proof 8000 but I'm a bit scared wearing it on the original waffle.

What are my best options for a new or [available] NOS rubber and / or bracelet. Pictures always appreciated

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that was quite a lazy post. I had forgotten that Wjean28 offers the new replica waffle at 19mm, and that at some point Jonathan (god rest his soul) and Harold had supplied end links that would work with various bracelets.

Anyone happen to know (a) if Harold still does these; and (b) if there are any other sources for end links or bracelets?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Harold does not have end links for the 6105-8000...I went on the same search as you. Seikosis on EBay sells a bracelet for the 6105-8000 but I ended up with these two options:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Mine is on an original waffle right now:

... but I'm going back to the 'real' Bond NATO:

^-- This one is oversized at 20mm, but I have an 18mm from Phoenix Straps incoming.

The waffle is probably headed to one of the 62Mas's.

I do wish Seiko made bracelets for these back in the day - I'd love to have an OEM bracelet option.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^looking good on the bond NATO - you would think with so many vintage Seiko's having 19mm lug width there would be a demand for NATOs etc at 19mm...

I did a bit of reading the other night and thought there was some evidence that Seiko did supply a bracelet - as an option. I think it was a catalogue or something?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'm wearing mine mainly on 18mm nato strap which works pretty well imho:

but I also like wjean's waffle strap a lot:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Wozza - do you have a link? I'd love to keep hope alive on an original bracelet, but I haven't seen one.

Nice look Mario! Definitely prefer the 18mm to the 20mm.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
All good choices. I wear mine on an OEM Seiko Marine Master strap, available from Seiya. Much beefier than the waffles, but still true to the original look...and it's a Seiko...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
691 Posts
I will say I was a little disappointed with the reproduction waffle strap. The top shorter portion was molded wrong and comes in around 18mm. The one side tapers off wrong and leaves a gap at the lug. The bottom long portion seems fine. I am also between holes and it is either too tight or too loose. This is no defect but it bothers me. I have not boiled it but plan to do so soon.

·
Registered
702 Posts
That BOR suits it real nice. Is that vintage, NOS or new repro? Where did you find it??

It's a vintage 19mm bracelet which I have found in a local flea market.
The end links needed some adjustments and filing.
I was looking for a BOR because the shape of the 6105-8000 looks like the vintage Doxa diver, which came on a BOR too.
I have some Seiko BOR as well but they are all have 18mm end links.

Cheers,
Galpo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts