The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember that someone stated recently that there are no aftermarket bezel inserts for the 6105-8000. Is that true? It's about the last thing left that needs doing on mine. Also, the bezel itself is sort of too easy to turn, if that makes sense. Is there any way to tighten it up so that it has more resistance?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've never seen any aftermarket inserts for the 8000 case. The 8000 insert is aprox 1mm smaller in diameter than the 8110 case. To help tighten up the bezel the retaining wire can be bent to create more friction, a new bezel/case gasket will help too (although these are hard to find from my experience). Clayton

·
Administrator
28,536 Posts
Hi Spencer as Clayton said there does not seem to be an after market insert for the 8000, i think Jonathan turned one down a while ago.

As for it turning loose then that is normally due to the bezel spring not being installed correctly, i much prefer the rubber gasket method of such as the 6105-811X and the 6309-704X but thats just me, these don't have a rubber bezel gasket.

I have seen some members make a new spring, i bought my from Rob when he was selling them some time back as well as NOS bezels.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
amazing that aftermarket replacements aren't available for how collectible these watches are.

So the replacement part came as a one-piece, rather than just the insert?

·
Administrator
28,536 Posts
Spencer said:
amazing that aftermarket replacements aren't available for how much collectible these watches are.

So the replacement part came as a one-piece, rather than just the insert?
Yes one complete bezel (thanks Rob), from what i can gleam most of Seiko's bezels came as one piece and i don't think they supplied inserts separate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts