The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife is crusing a couple of flea market looking for some materials for a project she has, when she spots 2 watches.

A day later:)

I have sourced a original bracelet but it will be awhile before I get it. Really appreciate some suggestions on a strap that would look good with the Pogue

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
well i really like that watch..i have a soft spot for 6139's..where are you located?...what kind of band do you like?...

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm partial to the President.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Arrr, a correct "Pogue" with resist dial and only two lines of text. I've been on the lookout for one of these, but they always sell for high prices, regardless of their state... Congrats on the find.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice find! Not quite the same at the dude that found the LeCoultre dive watch at Goodwill for $5 and he later sold for $35k, but I'd still be excited.

BTW, I'm now cruising all the local thrift stores. :)

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
well i had to get one too...they are a great looking watch

Attachments

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
well Cannop..excellent info...makes sense too...hey there should be someone on her who can help source you any pieces you need too..

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
hey everyone are original parts for the 6139's hard to get?...like that inner bezel that is faded?...

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
well thank you for that info too..really appreciate it..how about genuine bezels and inserts?..

·
Special Member
2,028 Posts
From what I understand that is the correct indicator ring, just very faded.
let me qualify my statement. "proper" was meant to mean unfaded. it may be "correct", but there's nothing correct with the way a white indicator ring looks when matched to a yellow dial....not by a LONG shot.

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Phew, glad we avoided the whole 'are white bezels original or not' discussion.

Great looking watch OP, congrats...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts