The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I drew a blank last night whilst working on this watch - this happens reasonably frequently - so this time I thought I'd ask for help!

I've enjoyed re-finishing the case and servicing this one for my own collection; it's a brilliantly quirky looking thing and the movement is great!

However, I'm trying to discover the minute hand and second hand sizes for this model; 1.50 hour hands seem to fit nicely, but .90 minute hands appear to be too loose whilst .20 seconds hands are far too tight.

I'm not really looking to replace the hands with originals (although that would be nice); a decent aftermarket set would do, but I'd like to be sure I'm buying the right sized units before I commit!

Also, this particular watch (which has a spring-snap fit into the oval case)didn't come with a gasket to fit between the flange of the crystal holder and the case itself. As a result the crystal holder rattles, i.e. there's vertical movement in it between the case and the dial. Any suggestions on the size and thickness of the gasket to suppress that movement would be appreciated!

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Well welcome to the forum...great to have you with us...well with that model of watch...it would be wise to keep it as original as possible to keep value high...Hey i would contact Stefan he sells NOS seiko parts and will be able to help you find the correct parts you need...they will not be easy to find but well worth the time doing it....he is also schillachi61 on ebay too...here he is SeikoChrono...you will not go wrong with his help..God Bless John...hey if you need anything please let me know..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll get in touch with Stefan and see whether he can offer any help. I agree, it would be nice to have a set of original hands; I'll post a 'wanted' request too and wait to see what happens!

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I probably should correct myself too - I had a fat-fingered moment when typing in the subject title - it's a 5246-5000, not a 5426-5000!

Doh!

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
well that makes more sense too...appreciate the clarification too
make sure to change the title too...that way people can help
God Bless John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks John - silly question most likely, but how do you change the title of a thread after it's started?

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
well that is easy....when you go to edit the first one...go to advanced...when you click on it...you can change the title there...if you need anything...all you have to do is ask...God Bless John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts