The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I need some help,
I've purchased a 4205 015t seiko midsize from a chap on eBay wanting to restore it for my girlfriend, I just need any pointers please, it's not working the date quickset and hands work and it winds but second hand doesn't work, any help would be appriviated

~Benji

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
It really depends on your experience and available tools, this is a tiny movement and if you have no prior knowledge of the workings - I'd ask a forumer to do the job for you ( if you provide your location it might be useful?) It's an indirect second hand and this is the shaft that drives it (seconds pinion) . Picture is from http://thewatchspotblog.com/?cat=58

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It really depends on your experience and available tools, this is a tiny movement and if you have no prior knowledge of the workings - I'd ask a forumer to do the job for you ( if you provide your location it might be useful?) It's an indirect second hand and this is the shaft that drives it (seconds pinion) . Picture is from http://thewatchspotblog.com/?cat=58

I also just really want to learn these things I don't know whether it's possible on this

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ooohhh ive just restored another one of these tiny things, patience is virtue my friend, I would look at the shaft that drives the second hand, only saying this because the two models of these movements A and B have different length shafts for the second hand, yours might be fitted with the shorter one of the two, or I might be completly wrong, but whilst stripping it down I would be looking very carefully as to what and where the fault might be.
As for the date quick set, on the last one I just did I found the small lever that sits on two pins that is activated by turning the crown, well the part of it that engages with the date wheel looked worn and not engaging properly, as the date wheel wouldn't jump to the next date, I changed it but no joy, the problem was the plate that sits on top of the calender side was fouling the date wheel and not allowing it to freely rotate, it was my fault for doing up the screws abit to tight, a quarter turn off each screw and the date wheel works fine.
Look for my restoration thread on this watch under my old user name TRANSPORTER (hopefully getting it back soon) that will give you some pointers for a restoration job ok.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys, now I'm looking for a NH05 movement to fit the case, along with case back gaskets, preferably from cousins uk

~Benji

1 - 6 of 6 Posts